Sunday, August 07, 2005

Today's List

Straighten up living room
clean off desk
Wash dishes
cook roast in Crock Pot
wash laundry
Master's Class Papers
clean out car
vacuum car
wash car
prepare shopping list for tomorrow
fill baggies with hair gel for classroom manipulatives

This is a list longer than is manageable for my day and I even left some things off. The washing of the car is, now, obviously, not going to happen. Youngest manchild is loading school stuff to go to my new classroom as I type.

I love my new crock pot. I can say CROCK POT because that is the brand name, by Rival. It doesn't have the two compartment option that Alex mentioned I should get, but then again none of the ones I saw did. I figure I can buy one of the smallest one quart size later to acheive that purpose of cooking veggies or something else separately. I do see that I will have to prepare it the night before if it is as complicated as the roast was, for time sake. Anyway, the roast is in, on top of onions potatoes and carrots, and a little fresh garlic is on top of the roast. I read the directions, viewed some recipes and can't wait to eat the roast for dinner... Just 6 short hours away and it will be ready.

Now off to do the dishes...the dishwasher has run once, been emptied and is now running again. I am about to steam some citrus fruit with some cinnamon to give the house some fresh clean air, it is amazing the smells that it clears, eats, or dissipate, not just cover up. Try it sometime. (I also have to teach menchildren to not use so many dishes)

Youngest manchild is doing laundry so that is good. He also walked by the crock pot and commented how it looked like it was already done, and could we eat...lol... yeah, we can eat, at 6 pm. See you then, now get busy...

Now we have had gourmet chef salads prepared by moi for lunch and pork roast with potatoes, onions and carrots for dinner. Now all that is left to do is the desk, my master's work, creating the classroom manipulatives, while laundry is washing and making the list for tomorrow's shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bennu said...

I didn't say eating at the table with a manchild who won't use good table manners no matter how many times he is reminded was good. I wouldn't subject anyone else to that experience.

When asked if that was how he would eat if he were out on a date... he responded

No, I would be wearing my cap and sitting a little closer to the table.

ugggg I make him take his cap off at every meal because it is just plain good manners... it is his way of hiding in plain sight to wear it.

I said it was good he would sit closer to the table then he wouln't be leaning over his plate and practically shoveling it in.