Saturday, August 27, 2005

Big City

Sometimes I wonder how I manage to never run into men I have dated before. I have been watching two shows, a new one, Single in Atlanta and my old tried and true, Sex in the City. Today, (yes I tape and watch when I can) I watched SIA, and one of the girls went out on a date to only be in the same place as the last man she went out with that was psycho.
Then on Sex in the City, Carrie ran into Big at a party in the Hamptons, when he was suppose to be in Paris. Of course he was with Natasha (what a bullshit name...inside joke) .

Now, some things that happen with them, I can relate to, but this is not one of them. I never see my ex husband, who, I think, still lives in the same town as me, which is small. Nor do I run into any other man I have gone out with, had a relationship with or danced with. At least, not accidentally. I guess that is one great thing about living by a large city, or is it? There is one or two, that I would like to see once in awhile without it being a negotiated meeting with them... exhusband excluded from this crowd.

It would be nice to be able to say hello, give a hug and wish good things.

A hug, yeah, that is probably the bottom line. Some human contact would be nice...

but the uncomfortable feeling of seeing someone who broke your heart or who was a psycho (returning to the feelings in the shows), no, I don't miss that at all.. that is one thing I don't have to worry about... and boy am I glad...

10 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Cities are funny. Sometimes I'll go years without seeing a friend that lives a few blocks away.

And sometimes you see the most unlikely people at the most unlikely times.

Go figure.

Bennu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bennu said...

Oh I don't know that I would say mine were bad... but some were definitely weird, and I tend to hold on to feelings a very long time, so maybe.... like how Miranda didn't know what to do when she saw Steve on the street, so she ran... I wouldn't know what to say, I have hurt feelings, so I would prefer to not see them or I might run.

Bennu said...

Yes I have seen the Meg Ryan movie, I believe it is called "French Kiss", Her fiance goes over there for business, falls in love and she goes over to get him back, but she gets caught up in a smuggling broohaha with Kevin Klein.

I am a big Meg Ryan fan.

I am glad Carrie ended up with Mr. Big (John). I could explain why I feel that way, but it would sound so "Charlotte" and I am not really like her, except maybe deep down. I am more like a cross between Carrie and Miranda.

I have not run into anyone in a blog that I know unless I invited them to read, like Mr. waterworks, who I hope is reading, Rock Jock, who let's me know I am not perfect at every turn, and Mr. Mercedes, who was offended that I said what I said about him. I hope I don't really run into anyone else I know, I write pretty "inside" stuff for me, that I don't share with most people that I see in real life. This is my outlet... to get feelings out, so I don't bottle them up... so some of them are pretty sad, but oh well, that's my life.

d.K. said...

The world is smaller than you think, though. Sometime, when you'd rather not run into anybody, acquaintences come out of the woodwork. That's why I always tell people you can run but you cannot hide. If you're someplace you probably shouldn't be, someone will see you. It just works that way -- and I speak from experience. LOL.
;-)

Bennu said...

hmmmm d.K. That makes me wonder where you have been... hmmmm...

you gave me a great idea for a new post, thanks...

Bennu said...

Yes, I loved all the Paris shows, and most of the dresses. My favorite was the one he gave her for their date to the opera or ballet, when they ate at McDonalds instead.

The dress she wore on the bed when he was late, her first night in Paris was great, but I want a man to go with it, and do what he did....lol

Bennu said...

No, waterworks is not batman. Mr. Electric is Batman, but you and he use those monikers. These are all different people...

Mr. Duvall
Rock Jock
Amused Muse
The invisible man aka batman aka Mr. Electric
Whirlwind
d.k.
mr. h.k.
Mr. waterworks
Mr. Mercedes

I can't think of others, but I am sure they are out there, I am assuming you know who Roxxie and SG are...

Bennu said...

Oh I get it now... I didn't know who WW was referring to when she said she knew him a long time ago... but yeah, it sounds like something batman would do... lord knows he couldn't type his own...

Bennu said...

thanks for clarifying WW, I didn't think it was Alex, but it sure sounded that way... after SG's comment...

oh no, I don't think you defaced AT, we like teasing him, it was all said in good fun...