Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Being Sick Sucks

I don't know what it is but I felt like crap all day. Food didn't taste good, nothing I drank, except Powerade would stay down. I am achy, my head hurts, and I just want to sleep. I have slept most of the afternoon and evening as it is. My stomach is queezy.
Being sick does suck, but being sick with no one to take care of you sucks even more. Oldest manchild went to his friend's house after work, with no thought of his mother laying in bed at 5:30 in the afternoon. Youngest manchild is a handful when I feel good, so when I don't, he runs wild. At least he did ride his bike to the store for the Powerade. Now I am glad I let him have the bike.
So yeah, being alone is fine and dandy, until you are me, when I am sick. I know most men don't want someone taking care of them when they are sick, so this might be a difficult concept, but I like someone making sure I am going to be ok, and they don't find me days later after the cats have been eating on me.
Yes, I took some pain relievers (naproxen sodium), drank the fluids, ate some plain goldfish crackers, ate a little ice cream and I think I might feel human in the morning... we will see

I haven't been sick in a very long time. I was trying to remember the last time just a little while ago and I couldn't tell you. Of all the adventures and differences in my *routine* this summer, you would have thought the water, or something would have made me ill. But no, it is right now when I have so much shit to do that it shows up.

Thanks Murphy, you have struck again...

1 comment:

Bennu said...

RJ, I feel I have always had a very close relationship with Murphy and his law. Maybe I just take things harder than most folks.

Good News, though, after a night's rest I feel better this morning. I can tell my fever broke sometime in the night.