Monday, August 15, 2005

If it were a perfect day: It would be magenta, but alas, it is just a day one shade off of blue, but hey it is a start

AlexTrex, don't you dare ask me what color magenta is... google it.

The family trauma has been solved. My mother was quite the queen of cool and didn't give me the hell she could have... *big heavy relaxing sigh...

Today was my first official day back at school. We had a teacher inservice all day, but it was a good time to "mingle" with my cohorts. The PE coach is quite the hottie, but I think the librarian has her eye on him.... of course, that was first observation, so I might be wrong...wink wink, nudge nudge...

Worked in my room afterwards, got some great ideas in an email from a friend that is a former kinder teacher. Filled some small tin buckets with sand for a good place to keep scissors safe.Sand, my friend, yes, I said sand. Sand is my friend, sand is my friend, sand is my friend (inside joke see beach posts to get it).

Youngest man/child finally figured out that he can take the trash out without being told if he notices when it is full. That lesson just took 16 years... actually, I had a flailing fit with him on Saturday. Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I lost my cool, my arms were flailing, I was crying and screaming, and he was literally freaking out. I told him to get out of the house, that I couldn't look at him for awhile. Now considering that I am usually trying to keep him in the house and out of trouble, this request was quite perplexing to him. I found him in the carport in a daze afterwards, when I thought he would have jumped on his bike and gone for a great big joy ride via my request to "GO, JUST GO". Man, why didn't I do that one sooner? You just never know what is going to work.

After a crowded and time consuming jaunt to the local grocery store, I came home to the chicken noodle soup I put in the Crock Pot yesterday. It was ok, but I need to figure out how to do the spices with that thing. Of course, I emailed Alex for a recipe yesterday and didn't get a response til this morning... oh well. The soup is good and is good for my soul as well. I feel a bit brighter today (note the color in my post Cherie)

Now it is time for Master classwork. NO time time think of lightning rods or Bob... but soon, soon, PePe, I will be looking for you...

No comments: