Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Cat Man

The last guy I guess I could say that I "officially" dated worked for the same district I do. He didn't work at my school or any school and I really didn't have any contact with him, but when we quit seeing each other, it still felt funny. I had to go to the building where he worked a time or two on business, I met others he worked with, so when I saw them it was weird, I guess because I wondered what he had said to them. So, to explain to Alex why I don't want to date anyone who works for my district, much less my school (even though he sizzles), I will tell the story of the Cat Man.

Divorced man, father of one (weird) teenage son. Lived in an apartment, drove a VW Passat station wagon. Owner of two cats, one of which had a fur problem, it was falling out in tufts. Grown cats, registered, male and female, brother and sister.
Many weird things, like he *had* to see me every day, which I got accustomed to, so then it wasn't so weird, but then he didn't want to see me but once a week. "After the initial dating period of one month, we should not see each other so much". WTF? ok, fine,
Anyway, the cat with the hair falling out. We took him to the vet. The vet did all these tests, cost big money. Said he must have been chewing on some special plastic, did Cat Man let him chew on plastic? NO, CM said.
The last, and I do mean the last time I was there, I went to the bathroom, and the cat was chewing on the toothbrushes in the cup by the sink. The toothbrush I took for me, and CM's toothbrush.

"ummm... Cat Man, did you know the cat has been chewing on our tooth brushes?"

*with a straight, serious face*
"Yeah, of course, they need clean teeth too..."

in honor of Roxxy, eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

That was all it took, all of the sudden I was in the twilight zone and had to leave. As I left I heard him talking to the cat as he held it... (is she crazy? of course you want clean teeth, just like me...)

Now, I haven't told that story to very many people, mostly just guys who ask about my dating life. That was over a year ago, and now I just don't want to date, even if I do want a man in my life.
The twilight zone is not a place I want to be. I have enough weird She ite in my life now. It is nice to look at someone or talk to them and have that "crush tingle" and I didn't know if I was going to find that again, so that is fun... but that is enough right now...

1 comment:

d.K. said...

I can see how that would be enough to turn you off from dating for a while. Nevertheless, it's a great story! A year's penance seems long enough though - I mean, what are the odds that lightning will strike twice in the same place? :)