Monday, August 29, 2005

My World is Another World Alex... since you seem to think I left you hanging.

Here it is boys and girls, the cold, hard truth.

I have a problem child of 16, who even though he knows right from wrong, is well-mannered, and can be the sweetest kid on earth. He is about to drive me to an early grave in a hot pink cadillac. I don't think I could get there any faster if I tried myself.

I have money issues, many which I take the credit for, but many more that were from my marriage. I am cleaning them up, slowly but surely, but they raise their ugly heads for attention at the wrong time.

Details removed to protect the innocent

Everyone has been asking me how school was today... Ummm compared to my life, it was a piece of cake... The criers are still crying, the unruly child still refuses to come in the room, and I am exhausted at the end of the day, but it was easier than my son and my ex, by far....


OMG, please, don't tell me we live on the same planet... you don't have the money worries, the bad credit, the problem child.... and you still have your hair, except for Alex, he shaves his, I should I won't have much left soon.

Problem child is at band practice, I am free til 8 pm. I could go eat dinner, but alas, no one to eat with... and besides that it wouldn't hurt me to lose some weight... perhaps a liquid dinner... there are still frozen cosmos in the fridge....

(sidenote, you do remember that the term fridge comes from the brand name Frigidaire, frigid aire, I love it... I am not frigid, and I could use some air)

Calgon take me away

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must to bed soon. It's past midnight for me. I guess I wasn't thinking when I teased you. By the way, your blog isn't letting me sign in....it says comment disabled...hmm....

I'm sorry Bennu. I don't think about what you are going through or having to deal with, and a lot of what you have to deal with is alien to me - never been married, thus, never divorced, no house thus no mortgage, no children thus no confrontation or postphoning of personal interests.

As you wrote, not having to see each other on a daily basis and only communicating via the blog, makes the reality of one's life blurry. It's easy for me to forget about the problem son when you joke and laugh about life in your posts. And I hope you continue to do so.

AT

Bennu said...

Ladies, and AT,

I am not looking for sympathy or trying to make my life sound more difficult than anyone elses... I realize we all have troubles.

No, money doesn't buy happiness... I think that if you have it, you may still have worries but they aren't in "survival mode" which makes them a bit different, but at times, not any less stressful.

I love reading what all of you have to say and I wouldn't change a thing, esp. with the invisible man, so please don't stop writing and don't do anything different, just wanted you all to be aware.

SG, I haven't found a place for him. The agreement when he came home from his dad's house for the summer (and we all met, as a family and decided it)was that if things didn't improve greatly by Christmas, he would go to a bootcamp or something, depending on what I could arrange.

Sidenote: Boys father is my first ex. We get along great most of the time, civil enough to deal with boys. The ex I was was talking about was the second one.

I realize I haven't shared much of this information, even to those I know well, or better than others, but I don't really want it to change anything.

Bennu said...

WW, I can't afford a private school and for the schools in the area, he is in the best one. Thanks for the thought, I appreciate it.

Bennu said...

He is attending a public highschool. By "Bootcamp" I meant a place for troubled teens where they straighten them out, not a necessarily pleasant place.

Kinda like military bootcamp.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.