Monday, August 22, 2005

I am a Survivor (of the first day of kindergarten)

Let's see... I was at work at 6:30 this morning after a trip to the grocery store for a few supplies for school.

I left school at 7pm, and still brought stuff home.

Went to the grocery store on my way home, arrived home about 8:30 pm.

Created homework folders til 10 pm while watching Medium.

It has, to say the least, been A DAY....

I didn't eat lunch, I ate dinner in the car on my way to the grocery store (don't ever go to the grocery store hungry).

I need some instant lunch.. there isn't time to heat anything up...

However, I did survive...

C'est La Vie

4 comments:

d.K. said...

Like I always say, teaching is hard work, much harder than anyone who has never done it might think! Your post demonstrates exactly why.

Bennu said...

Rock Jock,

The "supplies" were Alphabit cereal to go with the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom lesson on the alphabet, they would find the letters for their own names... we did it today, it was a huge hit... and they ate them too.

d.K. Thanks, yes, that was a good day too...

ww.

I like your post about the PhD. I alluded it to it in my NCLB post... I am not a big pasta salad fan... but thanks anyway.

Le laquet said...

And everyone I know says "So, you teach because of the long holidays and the short working day right?" And my reply is unprintable!! I start back next Thursday - class up from Kindergarten!! I'm conserving my energy ready for it!!

Bennu said...

le laquet,

Thanks for stopping by... yes I get that too..."oh you love having the whole summer off and all the holidays, what an easy job..." If a mercy killing weren't against the law, some of them would be dead. I esp. love it when you are dating someone who kinda thinks it, but hasn't really said it, and then the lightbulb goes off in their heads and they see you work your ass off and don't get enough money for it.