Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Happy Hour

Today was a magenta day Alex, you would be so proud of me, I went to Happy Hour. Yes, I took some time for me. You have asked me through email so many times if I am feeling better. Right about now I am feeling really good. Went to Happy Hour with the Librarian, and .... you guessed it, the PE Coach. NO, they aren't dating...*evil delicious grin* BUT, he is 10 years younger than me... *sigh* I can still enjoy his company and not be tempted to cross the "line". I really like him though, he is a very verbal, passionate, funny and quick guy. The Librarian is as well. I was really excited when they invited me to join them. We are now all drinking buddies but we are keeping on the DL, because we don't want a big crowd joining us all the time. I am sure I will go to HH with others at other times, but it is nice to feel "safe" saying what you want to new coworkers and not worry about who it will be repeated to.

Bottom Line, I laughed, I took some time for me, I got a hug in the end and now I can feel somewhat refreshed (for a day or two) and it felt good.

3 comments:

Bennu said...

We will see...

It is a good idea, so we will see... I am not so sure... but we will see... how tomorrow and Friday goes.. (yes, you got the wheels in my head turning...)

Bennu said...

It is a good idea Alex, but upon overnight review and since I am sober this morning. I might mention it, after all, I have told him about you and blogging, but I doubt I will invite. I don't know him at all and I know little about the Librarian, other than I like what i know and she is a good (old) friend of my best friend.

When you have to work closely with people and you work in a fish bowl, you have to be careful of how you handle your invites etc. ;) you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

I told my So about Alex and he was mighty relieved when Alex got a girlfriend.....so...I can only imagine what the PE teacher thought!!!