Saturday, August 13, 2005

The color of the day: Blue

Today I am blue. How did they come up with a color to describe a mood? Does that mean The Blue Man Group (which I have never seen) is a show about melancholy fellows? Blue is a cool color, as in it is the cool shades category as compared to red in the warm shades category, so is a blue mood cold or even cool? Does it mean you are cool to others? or that you feel cold? or that your mood is one that is cold to others? Or maybe it is just that you turn blue from holding your breath... I don't know,

What I do know is that I am down. It was a long week, stuff I needed to get done at work didn't get done, stuff I needed to get done at home is still waiting for me to get done and I don't want to get up out of my chair. I bought a movie on the DVR and watched it. Youngest man/child seems to have not done anything but rent movies with his dad this summer so he has seen virtually every movie on Movies on Demand and recommended "The Jacket". Have you seen it? Well if you have you would know why it just added to my mood. It is dark, almost black and very good. It has a bittersweet story to tell and I could definitely identify with Jack.

This morning I thought that if I got out of the house and ran some errands it might help. So I dragged youngest M/C along, and we went to get some Migas for breakfast, visited a few garage sales (a mother/son bonding mission as part of the whip M/C into shape and keep him out of trouble), and to Home Depot for school supplies (yes for those of you who know nothing about the life of a teacher, we get supplies everywhere). Somewhere in the mix I realized I didn't have my cell phone with me. When I returned home I had a voicemail message from Amused Muse stating she hoped I was out having some fun rather than doing school stuff (uh yeah I was) or taking care of M/C (uh yes I was) or cleaning house (uh yeah I should be doing that instead). So no, I wasn't exactly out "having fun" but then again it wasn't exactly torture. What I know she meant (yes, we speak the same language) was that I was doing something for "me" just "me" and no, I wasn't and I haven't since I returned from the beach and I need to... very very soon... but for now, I am cleaning house as soon as I finish the last sentence. For those of you I haven't talked to much lately, in the immortal words of one of the people I care most about in this world. I just need to find my way, give me some time and I will get there. Or at least that is a paraphrase of it. In the meantime, visit Roxxy, or AlexTrex, or RockJock, they have brighter colors every day, like Orange, and Red, and Green even. I will return, I will write, I will read, but I might not reply.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should talk to my sister. i'll pass on her email address if you want. I can't identify with the mothering-career issues....but it sounds like you need someone to talk to.

Mr. Electric

Anonymous said...

You should wear red. Part of mood is controled by colors, diet and exercise. I was severely depressed sme time ago and had to force myself to get up and do things even when I wanted to stay in bed and cry. You have to get up and do something physical like walk. wear bright color. you need to fake it until you feel it.

cherie

Bennu said...

Thanks Cherie, You made me laugh at least. Problem is, I have been wearing bright colors and faking it for some time now, it has just caught up to me. I will get the facade back again by Monday I am sure... thanks everyone for the kind words.

Anybody know anyone who does electric shock therapy?

and yes, that was a joke...

Anonymous said...

Ah Beeennnnuuuu...
my little love possum.....
I'll give you shock theraphy with my electric rod....

where are you little possum? Ah...she is so...shy...she runs....come here my little angel....

(think PePeLe Pew when reading this with a fake exaggerated French accent)


Mr. Electric

Bennu said...

*sheepishly grinning*

oh mr. electric, if I knew your true identity, I might be tempted... but I do love the accent.

Bennu said...

My goodness, now all I can think about is electric rods, among other things... see what you started.. and now you can't finish it...

Anonymous said...

electric rods?!!!? you're thinking of electirc rods...why the nerve...you're obviously thinking of BOB and not me....hmptmhtffffff....

I came here to have my ego and something else stroked and instead, my ego and the other is completely deflated...

Ah my little love blossom....but how can I hold this against you...(THINK PEPE LE PEW)....in my case...lighting must strike more than once...where are you my little love possum....