Thursday, August 18, 2005

Just do the Damn Dishes!!!!

My home has become a prison. I am so tired of coming home to not one dirty bowl per man/child, but sometimes they have multiplied exponentially, so there are two on the coffee table, one on the dining table, one on the kitchen counter, one near the sink but not in it, and you guessed it, not one of them has been rinsed out, so there is *gunk* all over them... then there are drinking glasses, cups, spoons, knives, and whatever they mixed stuff up in, or heated it up, or poured it out of.
My solution:

Each man/child has 2 of everything, because they can relate to that (yes, you know what I am talking about, even if some of you that I know only have one). 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 glasses, 2 salad plates (yes, I know they don't use them for salad) and unlimited silverware. The *pairs* are color coded. Green for one, Blue for the other. I, on the other hand have the use of all the other dishes, all at my disposal.... which I know isn't working, but I haven't made a decision about me yet....

Why you ask? How does that work? Well, if I say something to the youngest about what is on the coffee table, he denies, and puts off on older MC. Older MC denies and says he is never in the Living Room, which is true, he is a hermit in his own room... NO ONE, except me, fesses up to the use of the dishes...

Youngest MC has been home alone for two days now. He sleeps late, so that helps, but he has been unsupervised for the 6 hours or so before I get home (my school has started, his hasn't). I call and leave a long verbal list of things to keep him a tad busy. I call and make sure he is answering the phone. I have not once gotten him personally. He calls me back and says he was napping or feeding the dog, or some other lame excuse that I am not sure I should believe.

I come home, last night at 8(went to HH remember) and tonight I was home at 5 because I had driven back to have a conference with all his teachers at 3:30 and then came home. NOTHING< I REPEAT NOTHING on the list has been done. I calmly tell him to do the dishes, which consists of loading the dishwasher, and he starts asking about the reason for the colored dishes, if it is so that he only washes his own dishes. I explain that I don't care what color his dishes are, that if I tell him to do all the dishes, he does them... end of discussion...

he starts arguing, I explain I will not argue, drop it and move on, I am done, just do the damn dishes.... I give him another list, explain it must *all, I mean * all get done before I get home tomorrow or he will lose something of value to him.

So... what is he doing? Sitting in his room playing an electric guitar...

You know, if there was a return aisle for children you want to exchange for another, today I would be in that line, at the front, looking over the others...

I know aliens have taken my son somewhere and one of them is here in his body... because that is not "my son"....


UGGGHHH Calgon take me away....


hmmmm

peace and quiet
child support
peace and quiet
child support
peace and quiet
child support....

well I guess I will keep him here a little longer, but if things aren't better by Christmas, I am giving myself the present of sanity and passing the job to his dad, I know how that sounds, but I also don't want to go to prison for killing my son....

Now Honestly, we all, those of us who have children, can relate to this feeling... I hope it goes away soon, because if I said this outloud, I would be flogged in my town, and by my family...

Tough Love, I hate it....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this, makes me want to start a blog. I wrote my grieviences in an email to friends and didn't send it because I didn't want to sound....but I know exactly how you feel!!! And yes the damn house is like a prison. clean it once, and a day later you think why bother!!?

J

d.K. said...

I love your theory on why boys/men want and need two of everything. Makes perfect sense, and I've never heard that argument before. LOL
:-)

Bennu said...

J,

Part of the prison feeling is that I have a 16 year old that basically cannot be left at home by himself.
I know that left to myself, there isn't that much mess because I spent the summer at a rental in Galveston TX.

Yes, when you email your friends, family and even some people on here, they are like
yeah yeah yeah I feel your pain... so it is nice to be able to vent... and not take it out on a select few but those who will read it and respond in kind. If you start a blog, let me know...

d.k. I call them both a man/child, two teenage boys who I thought I had taught how to take care of themselves... I will have to rethink that one...
Yes, they have two, they want two...

Anonymous said...

I totally get this post. Keeping house, working, trying to hold it together....

I once knew a woman who had 4 kids and on her fridge she had one of those magnets that said something about how motherhood is the best thing or job ever...

Some people are just like that....the rest of us are human...and honest...I make no bones about it...some days I do say...Take this job and shove it...

Bennu said...

EG, If it is a security issue, I will delete, just let me know, or actually I think you can delete your own.

Anonymous said...

ok. I guess your friend is right. I never thought about it. but might as well be safe than sorry.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I see. you can only delete when it is in your blogger display name but when it is not, you can't. at least I can't. But it's ok. no big deal now I think.

Thanks

Bennu said...

No Problem, Anonymous, just let me know in private email how I can find your blog. I liked all your posts that I did see, if you don't mind me reading it.