Sunday, August 28, 2005

Blogging? Why do I do it?

More than one person, some bloggers, some not, have asked me about my motivation to blog.

It is my "release". There is a new Anna Nalik (sp?) song out and she speaks of pouring her diary out in a song, so that it will no longer take over the life she has now. I feel that way as well. If I let it out, through the blog, then I can let it go. If I hold it in I will destroy myself little by little. I could write it in a regular journal, and I have, but somehow, when I can see the similarities between what I am feeling and how others feel, it makes me feel not so all alone or the only one dancing to the my own beat. I like how Whirlwind says she has felt like she is the lone ranger and didn't fit into the Stepford way of life. I didn't either, and I didn't understand what was "wrong" with me. I know there is nothing exactly "wrong" , I am just my very own person, who happens to be very different from others.

I enjoy writing my blog, reading what others have to say and reading others blogs and commenting. It is time consuming, but for me, it is part of my social life, without leaving my youngest alone. It works for me, and during the middle of the day at work, I take a peek to see if anyone has said anything on my blog, and it usually lifts my spirits if they have. I cannot post from work, but I can check.

Thanks to all who visit, I appreciate your "addition" to my life when you post. I have met some wonderful people who are from another "world" even though they think it is the same as mine. I would write a blog all about it, but it isn't necessary. I appreciate the light and amusement they bring.

I enjoy blogging, and I like that it is somewhat "anonymous", since I don't have to live, work or deal with you on a daily basis....not even RJ, who I believe is the only main blog reader who posts that I do see sometimes.

You all missed a great Frozen Cosmopolitan Party, next time come after dark, see the fireflies, and help me hang the patio lights. RJ, next time, since you haven't brought the mower yet, we might have to have a machete to fight our way through the lawn to the patio. (Don't let Alex know I wrote about knives or he will make another comment about them being a fetish for me, when really feathers are)

Have a fantabuloso week... all of you

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

And a fantabuloso week to you, too!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's Kitchen
And I Quote Blog