Thursday, August 04, 2005

Murphy's Law Strikes Again

While I was in Florida, my fancy digital camera, a Nikon 5mp (mega pixels Alex) Coolpix 5200 stopped working. It is a pricey camera, so I am bummed. I will need to take pictures of those gorgeous Kinder Kids I am teaching this year. I need to take pictures of my classroom for future stories I will want to regale my avid readers with, etc. And, now that I don't have a camera, I NEED it more than ever (you know that feeling, even if it isn't a camera in your personal scenario).

While I was in Amarillo, I explain to mom that I need to have the camera checked out. So, we drive to the camera shop she suggests, 30 miles away. When we get there, I realize that I don't have the camera with me, but hey, I can look at them while I am there, plus Santa is there with me, so maybe she will get the hint.
The sales person told me that it may just be the compact flash card, sometimes they go bad. Suggested I find another one, without buying one and check it out. Aha, she gave me a glimmer of hope, and glimmers don't last long.
Well you know from the previous post, the camera is dead. It wasn't the easy solution, but the hard one. Now I have to pack up the camera, mail it to Nikon, pay for an estimate and see if it is worth fixing.

Bummer...

1 comment:

Bennu said...

Hmmmm

Camera on one hand

Mower for the tall grass on the other

camera, mower, camera, mower.. guess I better cut the grass, will have to use my old "regular" camera in the mean time (it is fancy but doesn't give instant results, and I am sure you could show me a thing or two with it Alex).

Thanks for the tip though< i will keep an eye on Amazon, my stretching books should be here in about a week.