Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Today's Conundrum

It is a personal goal of mine to rehab my left knee, strengthen my right knee, lose a little weight, gain some muscle tone, and increase my cardio. In my research I have found that water exercises are best for the conditions of my knees. The gym I belong to has a pool and in the mornings from 5 til I have to leave for work, it is open swim. Every evening they have a White Water class at 6:30 and on Saturdays at 9 am. It isn't an issue of whether I can attend the class. What is an issue is my child that I cannot leave at home. He isn't a small child, but a large one, who would not listen to a babysitter. I could take him with me, if I add him to the membership, and he could lift weights, but I don't think he would. He cannot be left alone. He wants to take guitar lessons, but it would only be one day a week and not for enough time to cover the time the WW class takes. I am already leaving the house each morning at 4:30 to work out, get dressed for work and then going to work.

There has to be a solution, but I don't know what it is yet... and no, I can't put him in the pet carrier, CPS would haul me away for that, but it was another one of my thoughts.

No comments: