Sunday, July 31, 2005

Impressionism

Last week sometime, a good friend of mine wanted to discuss Impressionism, or Impressionists, such as Monet, Manet, Renoir, Cezanne' or even (in my opinion) Van Gogh.

I like almost all of Monet's work. The water lily pond painting is my favorite of his works.
The painting that has touched my life more than any other is a Renoir, Dance at Bougival. If you want to see it, it is in the states, in the museum of fine arts in Boston. I had a print of it for years, and now my mother has one, framed beautifully in an antique frame. It is from his dancers series. Often, I confuse my painters, Renior and Monet, I like them both so well.
Van Gogh was very interesting to study. Starry Starry Night is probably his most famous, or The Sunflowers, which are both favorites of mine as well, but I like the waterscapes with boats in them.

In college I minored in art and took Art History. I had this fabulous book that was a huge coffee table version but it got messed up when the roof leaked when it rained. It has been years since I have given them much thought other than what I like...

I also enjoy MC Escher and Salvador Dali (see, I don't even remember how to spell their names) and

Even though it is photography, Ansel Adams.

I had my entire home done in Impressionist prints and french country at one time, but now I only have some Ansel Adams prints and handwoven rugs on the walls. My room is done in a coastal motif, and I have some great watercolors that I picked up at an Art Show in Rockport, TX. They are of marbles in the sand...

The caption to one is "Lost your marbles?" and the other one is "Playing for Keeps"

I love them both, and then there are the works I have that I just like or relate to... oh yeah, I guess we all do that..

What's your impression?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.