Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Making a list, checking it twice

My friend, Amused Muse, told me that each day I should make a list of things I want to accomplish that day, so here it is (let me know if you think it is possible to do all of this in one day): If it is red it got DONE
Clean the kitchen,
load the dishwasher,
pack food in boxes
pack all cold food in one cooler
pack Diet Cokes in the other for my long journey today
Wash the towels,
Wash the sheets,
Make up the bed
Sweep the wood floors
pack all my clothes and souvenirs
take computer apart (no it isn't a laptop)
load the car
return internet box to cable company couldn't find the address, will have to mail it... bummer
drive an hour to IKEA
Pick up traktor seat chair (that's how they spell tractor, not me)
drive 3 hours home
unload car
put up cold food,
put DC in fridge
put up food in pantry
clean out coolers

pack for 5 day trip to mothers house
eat, somewhere in the middle of all these things,
go see Amused Muse and have a few drinks with her and friend, (hour drive each way)
hook up computer,
write one paper for my masters class that is late
write one more paper for my masters class that is late
yes, I know there is a pattern here.
Go to bed, sleep for 8 hours and get up tomorrow morning at 6 to start driving 550 miles to my mom's house, whose nickname is Ya, and pronounced as Ya in Ya know.

ummm that means I have to go to bed at 10 to get 8 hours sleep. It is nearly 9 am here, so
do I really think all of that is going to take place... lol
that's why there is a list, so that I can check off the things I get done so I don't feel like I didn't accomplish something for the entire day.

hmmm do you get the feeling I don't want to leave my summer abode and return to my regular life... well you hit the nail on the head, that is why I planned it where people were expecting me to be someplace, because I do show up when I am expected to.

My plan has already gone awry, in a good way. The person I am renting from has been out of town all summer and she came back early just so she could see me, so we sat and talked for an hour... now I am behind, it is noon and I am now taking the computer apart, as soon as I post this. The things in red were done, and I left Galveston at 2:30, hmmmm Houston traffic mid afternoon, lovely...

Have a great day, and don't expect a response until tomorrow or Thursday from me, remember the computer will be disconnected and I am swamped.

3 comments:

Lily said...

Hello!

If you are able to accomplish all the items on your to-do list...wow...you will be my inspiration. And you'll have to share your secret with me on how to get everything done.

I've been looking at various posts you've made, and I like what I'm reading. Yes, I agree, Keanu Reeves is a hottie (LOL) and fathers are precious.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

Bennu said...

Greetings ME.

It is a little after 8 pm, and I am going to get something to eat.

How do I get things done? I have to have people expecting me to have things done, other wise I would be like david every day...

David,

I don't know how I am going to get it all done, but I have two more hours to finish the things that are in black at this moment.

I have a feeling the papers will be bumped to tomorrow, making them 3 days late at this point, plus Amused Muse had something come up, so I am now meeting her for breakfast before I jet out of town.
Glad you stopped by, and I checked out your blog, only long enough to tell that I could stare at your hot body all day, so I made myself come back to my blog. ;)

Come again, anytime.... (yes Alex, I really did say it)

Bennu said...

RJ,

I did make the list, and then I marked it off. Yes the most important thing was to make the list and I did fairly well, look for today's new list.