Tuesday, July 26, 2005

IKEA

I love IKEA. I had never been to one of them before a few weeks ago. The closest one is in Houston, so that is a bit far to drive, esp. since I live near an outlet mall. A few weeks ago they had a sale and I needed to get my youngest (16) son a new bed and he wants a (bed that fold up like a messy couch, what are they, the word escapes, it is late and has been a long day). I got him one and a new look for his room. The thought is that if he likes his space he will spend some time in it. Anyway, while I was there, I saw a rolling stool, similar to what you would see in the Dr.'s office, only the seat is a tractor seat. I couldn't justify it then, but chose to return on my way home today to pick one up.

Let's just put it this way, the stool was 29 bucks and I spent 129 bucks... it is an evil, evil store... they tempt me at every corner... yeah I know, a little self control goes a long way. I don't go shopping and this is why. Of course, everything I got is functional, and I will use it, but still, it is an evil store.

I am sure I will return in a few months to get a lamp I saw today... I better save my pennies in the meantime.

2 comments:

Bennu said...

Thank you Roxxy, yes I did get him a futon with an extra thick mattress thing, two night stands/end tables a non-descript raw wood shelf, some bed linens in white with wiggly stripes of bright colors, a red sheet and a red square pillow case to add some color, three round rugs, 2 red, one almost white and the Krabb mirrors, which I love. His room, like most of the house is much too dark. I intend to put the mirrors on the opposite wall from his window and brighten it up. Oh and I got some really cool lamps, one hangs and one sits.
Goober (sons nickname, although he likes flirtatiion_device better, I can't bring myself to use it) likes to work on things, esp. outside, so the futon frame and bookshelf need to be sanded down and stained and finished... I know, I know, I am more excited than he will be (he sees nothing, he knows nothing, until he gets home on Saturday)

It is great stuff. I spent 500 American and got some other stuff for me as well, a lamp, the Krabb mirrors for the living room, and a few other small items.

Bennu said...

roxxy,

actually it is all a ploy to try to convince him to straight up and fly right. We have had some issues with good choices for quite some time now and I think that if he felt good about his room, he might appreciate what he has a little more and make better choices. Time will tell...

some days I think it is going come down to me OR him, and I don't think it is going to be me...