Monday, July 25, 2005

The End is Near

Tonight is the last night of my summer sabbatical. I am sad. I don't want to go home. I don't want to be the grownup. I like being here, doing what I want when I want. Not doing anything if I don't want to. Going to the beach for an hour or for the entire day if I feel like it.
I will miss:
The beach and all that entails
The neighbors I have met (although they offered me a room if I want to come back for a weekend here and there, and they know I will)
The ability to relax
The laid back pace
The time alone
The beach
The ferry
The Stingaree
The Tiki Bar
The beach
Sleeping
The ability to walk to the beach
Walking on the seawall at night watching the people
Walking on the beach early in the morning and watching the people
Finding shells on the beach
Playing in the water
Reading while sitting in the sun
The beach

What I won't miss?
The sand

you see it is a love/hate relationship, I love the beach, I hate coming home with sand on me. I can't stand it in my bed... but I get ahead of myself... that is in the next post.

Tomorrow I will take one last drive along the seawall, perhaps place a new cache I have ready to place, and head home. It has been great, and I deserved it. I hope it will tide me over until next summer... guess I better start planning that adventure soon.

No comments: