Monday, July 25, 2005

Insomnia: I'm Lovin' It

I was exhausted, a long day in the hot sun... so what that I was at the beach. The headache that wouldn't go away for hours made me want a dark cool place to escape the pounding. After medication, and a diet coke (yes, I know, you are saying... caffeine, you drank caffeine and you think it is insomnia and not a stimulant keeping you awake), and several posts of innocent blogging comments I was spent. Yawning, eyes drooping I went into the bedroom and turned on the tv (transition ploy) and it happened to be on the same channel as the one in the living room, a rerun of CSI from early one... it was virtually over, and Gill still looks good even on a non-cable tv. I laid down, with the ac set and the lights off and remote to turn the tv off in hand. The next show coming on was another episode of CSI and I found myself dozing off before it even started, so I turned it off and went to sleep. Next thing I know, I hear the cat (not my cat, I am cat sitting for the landlord of my summer rental) meow and then hiss and fuss as if someone step on him or something... of course instant fear that some one was in the house over took me... and here I am, I can't go back to sleep now... I looked at the clock when I woke up and it said 2 am... what? I have only been asleep two hours and it feels like all night? yes the insomnia is back. I was hoping it would have been a few more days before it set in, but no...

oh at least The Money Pit with Tom Hanks is on, and I don't think he has sung the name song yet. Guess I will see if I go to sleep in the chair.

I want Sheryl to become a "consultant" and find the fix for my insomnia. I guess you all figured out by now that there wasn't anyone in the house, or at least, I haven't found them yet.

I wonder if those sounds that are so vivid when you are asleep are part of the sleeping world or the awake world, or in this case both. I mean, did I dream that scenario or did the cat, or a cat outside make that noise? Or was it some combination of both? I don't know...
hence the wondering...

enough rambling... I hope all of you are sleeping... and dreaming sweet dreams.

No comments: