Sunday, July 24, 2005

Babies, Dogs, Sea Shells, YellowTail, and An Amazing Day at the Beach PART III

Every day at the beach is different. Yes the waves are still flowing, the sun is probably shining, the sand is still gritty... BUT... you never know what you are going to find. In this instance, sea shells. The Texas coast rarely presents me with large shells, usually just unusually colored ones. Right after the hurricane hit northern Mexico, I found rather large (for the gulf coast) shells, and promptly plucked them from their sandy graves to my hand and later my collection. Today I found shells like I have never found before. They were still fairly small but smooth, and intact. One, which I will not try to describe here but will come back and add a picture of it when I get a working camera (mine died when I came back from Florida) is the coolest shell I have ever found. I hope I can get it home intact and share it with others.

If picking up seashells off the beach were the same as picking up dollar bills off the stage, I would be rich today.

No comments: