Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Pictures from my Summer

The Bolivar Lighthouse (I believe) sits on private property on the Bolivar Penninsula near Galveston, Texas. I sneaked, snuck, onto the property under an invisible cloak and took a few photos. Lighthouses have always fascinated me so this was a true pleasure. I don't think it is fair to have one on private property and not allow people to view it up close and personal. Luckily, no one was home while I was there. It has a working light that can be viewed driving by or while on the ferry between Galveston Island and Crystal Beach.


Deep sea fishing... my first time, so I wasn't surprised the Gulf of Mexico was such a beautiful blue, but I was surprised that it was, somehow, disturbing to me that I couldn't see land. The sea is such a beautiful living creature and yet can be such a dangerous one as well. It was a very exciting adventure and I hope to go again soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool pics! I like lighthouses, too. You just don't see many out in Utah!