Sunday, July 24, 2005

Babies, Dogs, Sea Shells, YellowTail, and An Amazing Day at the Beach PART V: The Final Episode

If it hasn't become clear before this post, I have bad knees. Once upon a time, it was only my left knee. Apparently, overcompensation has taken it's toll on my right, so I move slowly when getting up and down (wording just for you Mr. Electric). To work on strengthening my muscles to help with my knees, I walk the length of the beach with my feet in ankle to mid-calf water for (oh hell I can't think of the word, I hate that) "therapy" (which isn't the word). Sometimes, if the water is fairly clear, I will venture out into the surf. I like to have the water at least waist high and to bend my knees and jump the swells between the sand bars. Today was an amazing day. The water was clearer than it has been all summer. The waves were nearly none existent and the swells were so much fun. I have never gone out so far by myself (saw Jaws as a kid, and sharks are always in the back of my mind). I don't know how long I was out there, but I got a great workout. My legs are stiff this evening and it isn't lack of water, I have had my gallon for the day and am still drinking it.

The thought I had today when I saw what a beautiful day it was, how clear the water was, and the amazing shells I found were...

The planets are aligning, a perfect day just for me, since tomorrow is my last day. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SHOCKED....I think I just felt a current...or is that an undercurrent perhaps....should I be this close to the water if you're in the water?....

Mr. Electric...

Bennu said...

Tuesday, I go home Tuesday... two weeks early due to circumstances beyond my control...

Thanks, I will still be blogging, so if I need a swift kick in the butt for pessimism, give it to me baby...lol,

Bennu said...

Mr. Electric,

Come on in, the water's fine...

Anonymous said...

I don't trust you...what's your voltage....

Mr Electric

Bennu said...

when you throw me a bone...

oh man, that was bad...

Bennu said...

Mr. Electric,

Honey we can light up the night together... or the water as the case may be.

Anonymous said...

I don't know....how wet it it in there?

Mr. Electric

Bennu said...

you used the word "boner" and you are wondering if you are old enough for my blog? hmmm, I like younger men... of course I like older men, and tall men and short men, I guess I like men... some more than others... of course


so yes, the rating on my blog is PG30 up to PG 50+

Red Rover, Red Rover.. lol

Bennu said...

Mr. Electric,

If things are to your liking when you come into the water with me, we can always charge up somewhere else...

oh it is too late for this... good night

Anonymous said...

it seems the waters have turned frigid then :-(

Mr. Electric

Bennu said...

first of all, MR. AlexTrex, it is Bennu, not bEEnu,

and yeah, just like dogs, you have your nose in all the intriguing spots...

which way do you prefer to be stroked? lol

Bennu said...

Mr. Electric,

The water hasn't gone frigid, stick your toes in and test them, the water is fine, but hey if you would rather go somewhere else, just take me with you was the point of the post... like fireflies, we can light things up no matter where we go...

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know...as long as I get to come before Alextrex does....

Mr. Electric

Bennu said...

Alex,

you said:
Besides...in the dark...you all look alike...

but we don't all feel alike or ... well I will save that one for an non-insomniacal blog post.