Friday, July 29, 2005

Ramblings, blogging, and food

Blogging is addictive, or so it has seemed over the last week. As I read emails or have something happen, i consider whether or not it would be a good blog.
Myzchaos makes me think when I go to read her blog. She is contemplating a birthday that is quickly arriving, and I think of the ones that I found difficult. Then I think about why they weren't difficult other years. My dad made holidays and birthdays very special days and now I somewhat expect them to be. I thought 30 was going to be a difficult birthday, when in fact it wasn't and it turned out to be one of my best years, or so I thought for a long time. Now, 40 was difficult... it is to this day, but 42 was fun. The birthday was anyway, I went dancing, met a bunch of new people, still visit with one of them on a regular basis. I have told everyone that I am two 21 year olds in one this year, so don't be surprised by anything I do or say *esp. in a blog.

As I was eating a wonderful brunch prepared by a woman my mother has come in to help her every week, I thought about how long it had been since someone prepared a meal for me... other than a child bringing me a bowl of cereal. My sons made me breakfast for Mothers day. The oldest even called my mother to ask about the secret biscuit recipe, and they were good, even if they didn't look the same as when Ya makes them. I don't have the heart to tell them that I don't really care much for biscuits and that is why I don't pay attention to how to make them. They also made bacon and eggs and they are good cooks.
Now I start thinking of birthdays and meals. My granny Bea always cooked my birthday dinner *close your eyes Alex and skip down or forever hold your peace* of Fried Chicken, fried potatoes and onions, sliced thin and fried in a vat of oil, and chocolate cake. I love chocolate cake and for that matter the other items equally well. It may be because of granny Bea and it may not. It is comfort food for me... Roxxy started a funny "ask a question" blog and my question had to deal with what would you like your final meal to be, if you had a choice... I would choose a meal by my granny Bea, but I was suppose to ask and not answer.

For years of my dating life I would get the question about what is my favorite food... I like all food, it is hard to think of something I don't. The only two things I can think of off the top of my head are tofu and black olives. As far as those two go, it wasn't the taste but the circumstance of a bad experience, which I won't share.

So.... blogging makes me think about things I haven't thought about before and I get some great laughs interacting with other bloggers or reading what some bloggers write...

good that is what I came for... creative escape... esp. since there isn't a beach outside my back door now.

4 comments:

Bennu said...

sure you can.. the more the merrier

Bennu said...

Alex,

Roxxy can pay some attention to me.. I am the edumacator here anyway, what the F... do you think you are gonna teach her?

Yes I will email you regarding some easy dishes to make that are healthy, yes the boys will be eating with me...

sorry about the black olives and tofu, if you make something with them that you swear will change my mind, I will reconsider...

I had bad experiences with them..

Bennu said...

Roxxy,

Visit as often as you like, I enjoy your posts.

Bennu said...

RJ,

I love Seafood, I was talking comfort food, and YES I like my dessert first sometimes ;)

who wouldn't?