Monday, July 25, 2005

MOVIES: WHY NOT? EVERYONE ELSE TALKS ABOUT THEM

The following movies are in order of which I thought of them after looking at MyzChaos' blog.

Pretty in Pink: I have seen this movie so many times that my own children are tired of watching it. I am pretty sure it came out long before they were born, but I am not sure. Let's just say, it was when I thought life was like the fairy tales and it has lingered as a favorite due to the hilarious scenes throughout.

Kill Bill: I guess I like Tarentino's work, this was his too wasn't it, along with Pulp Fiction. Revenge, well sometimes I wish I could do the same.

Pulp Fiction: There is nothing I don't like about this film. The lessons, the thoughts, the shots, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, and everyone else. I esp. like the scenes with John and Uma, the restaurant, the dancing, the needle in the chest.

Frida: What a great way to portray the artist, I like her work and like how they showed us how it related to her life. I had no idea what she had overcome. Plus I have the highest respect for Salma Hyak. Have you heard her speak? She is an amazing woman.

American Pie Trilogy: Yes the first one was the best one, but I liked them all. I want to play Stifler's mom in the next one. lol

An American President? Is that it? the one with Annette Benning? Cute movie. I like all of her movies.

The Last Samurai: I like culture and traditions and when movies show how they are shattered, for whatever reason, and it involves what I consider slaughter, it really moves me.

The last of the Mohicans: Ditto, plus I am entranced by the history of the Native American Indians.

Gone With the Wind: Someone I once knew told me that we like movies because of how they relate to our lives and personalities... is that why I like Scarlett so much or is it that I liked Clark Gable. Oh I wish I had been born 30 years earlier, at least... There is so much, except the war, and slavery, that I like about this movie.

Under the Tuscan Sun: I want to go there, I want to live there, I want lots and lots of ladybugs... but if I don't get to live there, then make it fireflies...
and yes I could relate to this movie.

Something's Gotta Give: The beach, Jack, Keanu, Paris, what else is there?

City of Angels: Nick Cage and Meg Ryan, a great flick with two of my favorites. A chick flick, but hey, if a guy would give up eternity to be with me one day and not regret it, what else could a girl want... a very passionate movie... heaven on earth.

Family Man: I love Nick, and I hadn't noticed Tea Leoni before but I really like her in this one. I want that marriage... the "I can't get enough of you or surprise you enough and my husband tells me how much he loves me before making love to me or singing to me" well that is why I go to the movies isn't it?

Raising Arizona: It is hilarious, I love Holly Hunter too.

Valley Girls: A favorite from years ago, Nick again, probably was the main reason again, or the underdog motif, plus the parents were potheads which I thought was hilarious.

The Wizard of OZ: Flying monkeys, what a concept. I like the witches, good and bad. I can cackle as well or better than the Wicked Witch of the West. Hey, it got me the lead in the Eighth grade play of the Wife of Bath Tales, so don't make fun of it. Sometimes I do it on request... but that is not for this post.

Lonesome Dove: Mr. Duval, that says it all. I would cut cards with him anytime.

The Incredibles: Fantastic Family movie, but I watched it alone. All the attributes of an action thriller.

Toy Story: Woody, what a guy... I don't know, but I could relate to every toy, even the T-rex, but I really liked Woody... and I liked Buzz too. I wanted the action figure dolls but my sons never got them for me. just a copy of the movie... To Infinity and Beyond...

Now that's scary, the one quote I remember is from Toy Story.

Garden State: The scene at the funeral when he goes into the bathroom. I love it. The overall theme, of feeling something rather than nothing, even if it is pain... I love it. I want a motorcycle just like the one in the movie.

Alien: The first one, I loved it, but it was so long ago, I think the scene made most famous and reinacted in our home is when the alien bursts out of the man's chest at dinner... that is fun to recreate...

Sweet November: Keanu Reeves... man it is a good thing he is easy on the eyes, he can't act his way out of a paper bag. Yeah, this is a chick flick, but I like the Christmas Present scene, the hopeless romantic in me.

The Matrix: I went to this movie against my will and sat on the edge of my seat with anticipation throughout the entire movie. When it was over, I thought, wow, that was a short movie, it can't be over already. Too bad I didn't think the next two were worth seeing, but I did see them.

Monsters Inc.: I loved all the characters, but I esp. like Celia and Roz. I want to be Celia, and I like Roz's personality...lol

The Shining: Honey, I'm Home... ;)

well that is the start of the list, I will work on it more later... if you want to comment, please follow the format of the title of the movie first then why you liked it , and then other comments, and limit it to the movies listed, then in your comments mention others you think I might should see due to the relationship to the movie discussed.



4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Wow, I have only seen 3 and a part of these movies. At least I think I started to watch the Matrix, but maybe I just saw its preview.

Gone With the Wind is a good movie. It's been ages since I watched it though.

I didn't care for Kill Bill, although I loved that sword. It was really pretty. And the Wizard of Oz is a classic, but I also haven't seen it in ages.

I think I got too much of those movies as a kid. They seemed to show them at least once a year. Kind of like the way they did with The Sound of Music and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was fun, but I think Bye Bye Birdie was a better Dick Van Dyke film.

Bennu said...

Cheryl,

I loved Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I am so glad you mentioned it. Of course the reason I loved it is that they could fly in the car. I never flew in a plane until after age of 22.

My favorite dreams involve flying and the dream doctors tell me those are the best for being happy dreams... not exactly in those terms.

Bennu said...

myzChaos,

Everybody loves the Breakfast Club but me. I liked it, but I liked Pretty in Pink better, of course I was a huge Molly Ringwald fan and wish she could have transformed in to a great leading lady.

I enjoy your views on movies, you are much more the buff than I. I know what I like, and why and that is about it.

Glad you stopped by.

Bennu said...

Fantastical, that is a new one for me. I usually say Fantabuloso or Supertastic, or welll... I can't think of them now...

Thanks MyzChaos for teaching me a new one.