Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Few of my Favorite Things

There is nothing better when I am feeling down than Peach Cobbler and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, unfortunately I like homemade peach cobbler and right now I do not have a kitchen outfitted for me to bake. I am still in the rental on the coast for a week, so I settled for Pepperidge Farms Turnovers, of course, they didn't have peach, just apple, blueberry, raspberry and raspberry chocolate. Hell, I was lucky to find Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Blue Bell of course, what else is there?).

Why is it so hard to find the things that have made such an impact on you that they have become the fabric of your life?

For years I had a favorite bra, not just one, but a brand, a size, a style, that was my favorite. I bought them 5 or so at a time, and wore them for a year, then bought some more, for my everyday life. After 3 years, I returned to the store to find they no longer have that bra, it is not made any longer. That sucks!!! Now ladies, you know that buying bras is not fun, in fact, to me, it is pure torture, and it just becomes more unbearable as you get older. I am to the point that if the sales person comes in the dressing room while I am trying to squeeze into a new contraption, I don't even care. Not at all like my younger days, and no, I am not that old, simply two twenty-one year olds in one... you figure it out.

Other favorite things... chocolate, which now is a stranger to me, because I gain weight too easily these days.

Recently discovered Savage Chickens, look them up, this guy is a great cartoonist, or at least he is good with words, which is another one of my favorite things, clever people.

A good day at the beach.

Fossil purses, and I am not a purse person, but I like theirs.

Well made cookware, I love to cook, so good pots and pans is important.

Good knives, I have a brand I like, but the name escapes me.


but man, some good peach cobbler sounds really delicious right now... time to go to the beach... perhaps I will feel better when I get back and a bowl of ice cream will suffice. Now just for ice cream I may have to stop and get some mint chocolate chip, if they have it in the pint...

1 comment:

Bennu said...

Is a woman who likes knives better than a woman who likes guns? I don't like guns... heeheehee

I like to be able to chop veggies, cut my steak, butter my bread with well made knives that are sharp.

I am not the knife thrower with the circus, at least not yet (still practicing) so you have nothing to be afraid of (at least not where the knives are concerened), my real name is not Lorena :0