Wednesday, September 07, 2005

M star A star S star H

Sunday there was a marathon of episodes of M*A*S*H. Many years ago I watched them on tv each week... then when they were in reruns I watched it often. I have a close friend who can quote from episodes, ummm I don't know them quite that well...

Anyway, I did watch several while I was working on other things, esp. the school stuff I was doing, gave me them the op. to really pay more attention than I might normally. I finally saw some of what my friend sees... even though I knew they were cleverly written and truthful and honest... they also

conveyed life

showed how Hawkeye and Trapper John felt even though they didn't talk about "how" they were doing.

showed the best of us and the worst of us

showed that we are all human

It is a great show. I laughed out loud and that doesn't happen very often. Good, clever, well written work always get my attention and turns my head.

1 comment:

Bennu said...

While watching the other day, I kept wondering if they were going to get to the episode where Henry gets to go home... and unfortunately he doesn't make it home. They did, and he wore the wing tip shoes with his suit they bought for him. It was great, until the end, but that is what life was like wasn't it?