Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Hurricane of two will do the trick

I feel much better after Happy Hour and a few Hurricanes and a BLT. I even played a decent game of pool against RJ. Yes, SouthernGirl, pink roses and carnations, with Purple Tahoka Daisies, and yellow daisies, all my favorite colors..and flowers... he did well and is a good friend, who I am finding, pays closer attention than I thought he did.

We went, we had nasty hurricanes at Pat O'Briens, and some appetizers that were questionable, music that was obnoxious and too loud, then we went to play pool at Bombay Bicycle club and have another drink or two, and I had a BLT since I hadn't eaten all day except for the appetizers at Pats... then I drove the very long drive home... Overall I found it easier to deal with the problem child, not resent coming home, and a more relaxed feeling... drinking does have it's upside... but I do understand people who don't drink, it is a fine line I walk... I don't like drinking too much, I have seen what that is like and what it does to others... at the same time, a good escape, when I can't afford a ticket to Italy, works well to help me deal with my day to day BS.

This weekend I watched The Upside of Anger, I think I have already noted that I could really identify with this movie, but I will say it again... I never realized how angry I was or how it was manifesting itself within me until I saw this movie... now to just find the equivalent to Kevin Costner.... or not... and be ok with it ....

4 comments:

Bennu said...

"it's nice to know that I'm growing on you"

I don't know about that... but I am glad you had fun.

Bennu said...

WW,

Oh No, I can't believe it... what happens now? I tried to reach you through your blog but it seems to be "gone"

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, yes.

Please excuse me for being short.

I appreciate your kindness. I don't know that talking will help.

I have to lot to sort out and I'm extremely tired.

Please don't take this in a personal way. Right now, I'm burned out.

Bennu said...

I understand.