Friday, January 27, 2006

I WAS SAD I HAD NO SHOES...

UNTIL I MET A MAN WHO HAD NO FEET. Nearly everyday I seem to have something to be upset about in my life. However, I want you all to know that I do count my blessings as well. I realize I am much luckier than some and even though there are things lacking in my life, there are many that are great. Having a close relationship with my mom is one of them. Now for the sad news about my friend RJ. RJ's mom is dying... he is there, he has been upset for weeks, and I didn't realize just how bad it was until a few days ago. Her illness has lingered since before I met him last year. I feel bad being upset about a tooth when I think about what it would be like to lose my mother. I lost my dad when I was 22, so I do know the loss of a parent, but none could be greater in my mind than your mother. So a few moments of silence to show how much I care for this great friend and his loss. I wish you enough...

2 comments:

d.K. said...

Those kinds of events help to put things in perspective - but it really doesn't make your problems any less important. We're all only human, right?

Bennu said...

Thanks d.k.... glad you stopped by, good to have you back in blogland...