Monday, January 23, 2006

Freaky Birthday Eve

Yesterday, between when RJ and went to eat brunch and when I left for grocery shopping someone decided to steal some stuff out of my backyard. I had two sets of folding, solid wood, doors leaning up against my kayak, which was upside down on my workbench. Given, they were put there hastily when I moved in. I have been working so hard on the inside of my new place I had not done anything behind the apt. Needless to say, they went away in a puff of smoke, and I was scared the kayak would be next. RJ came over and loaded up the kayak to store it in his garage. I continued on to do my grocery shopping. When I returned, I walked around the building toward my front door and one of my japanese lanterns was shattered all over the sidewalk in front of my house. It could have fallen over, it rained yesterday, it was leaning a bit, the top alone weighs over 60 lbs and it is over 4 ft tall and all cement. It was to say the least, Freaky... I didn't sleep well and now I am not big on going out and coming home alone late after I have been drinking... not over drinking, just drinking... I may just come home this evening...

No comments: