Saturday, January 07, 2006

What the F***?

I have pondered a question by a fellow blogger, or should I say blogger fellow about my ex's.

Shitheads? Naive? Boring?

Ummmm can I claim all three? Actually, I should be a bit nicer than that... but I don't want to.

The first one, he is boring, we had nothing in common. I married him the same year my dad and granny bea died. Looking back I think I married him to have someone to take care of me. I knew I wanted children so I had my first at 23 less than two weeks before my birthday. I wanted about 6 children, I had 2, with the same husband, and no more. Divorced him when I realized I had lost all self esteem and identity of who I was and I wanted to regain them. He did anything, everything, I told him to. That isn't what I wanted either. It sounds good, but ladies, just be careful what you ask for. He still does do everything I tell him to, and he has been remarried for over 12 years. I would sum it up as a NON PERSONALITY.

The second, well, he wasn't my dream man, but he was my best friend. I was closer to him than I thought was possible with any man. I am not sure what happened, all I know is that he didn't want to make it work, he didn't have enough self esteem, and he didn't have the balls to let me know when I "offended" him. Now, that is just my interpretation. I lost my best friend, but I found new ones. As a lover, ... well let's just refer to the saying that there are three things in marriage you must have going for you and for each one that isn't it causes great stress. They are money issues, sex, and family relations, we had all three problems. It was doomed, and I am better off alone, so things work out for the best.

My best relationships were with men that I didn't marry, and I feel it is in my best interest to not remarry. I have learned that I can stay in it for the long haul, if he is willing to as well. I also need a man strong enough to stand up to me in a respectful way.

There is a song by Train called Meet Virginia, and I don't really want to be the queen. I just want a man to treat like a king, who will treat me like princess. I know it probably won't ever happen, but I can still dream. In the meantime, I continue to live life to the fullest.

I refer to the saying "lucky in cards, unlucky in love" so I will go play poker now.

The title seemed appropriate, what can I say?

No comments: