Monday, January 23, 2006

The Curse is Broken... I hope

Happy Birthday to me... it is officially the "new" worst one of my life.

Ummmm the new one you ask? yes, the original worst birthday was my eighteenth birthday. The worst one was the one you became legal? to drink, to have sex, to vote? yes, it was. My first and strongest love, the first man I gave myself to, broke my heart on my birthday by breaking up with me. That is the shorter than Reader's Digest Version.

Ever since then I have guarded my birthdays and made sure they were safe, if not fun. Many were fun, some were grand, and last year was the best by far in many many years.... only to be followed by the worst.

I was determined to have a great day today. The plan was to go to school, see all my little lovelies, who were all ready to wish me a grand birthday, some bearing gifts... I mean... no one gets what a birthday should be, like a 5 year old. We baked a cake in the room, we ate lunch in the room, we ate the cake and they sang to me... my two favorite teachers were there and we laughed and enjoyed and the adults teased me by asking the students how old I was. Then I told the students I was 17 and they ate it hook line and sinker...

Then, at 12:20 I was biting tape, to tear it, and my front tooth broke off. No, the cap didn't come off, the tooth literally broke off at the gum line. By 2 I was in a dentist's office, my students were in capable hands after I explained my teeth don't grow back in like theirs do. I was there and then at an endodontist until after 7 pm.

So much for my night out with Amused Muse.... I had to have a root canal re done. Which means they drill out the old one before putting in the new one. A temporary fake tooth, just for looks was inserted and will have to be replaced. What they will do then is a post will be inserted into the root cavity, attached to a fake tooth and cemented in my jaw.

Have I ever told you my aversion to dentists? I wish they would just pull all my teeth, then I could give great head, and not have to sell my soul to pay the dentist, or endure the pain they inflict, which is just as, if not more, mentally painful as it is physically.

So no, 5 hours and just as much bawling as I did (initially) over Paul, in a dentist office is not 2nd or 3rd worst, it is THE worst birthday of my life thusfar.

Goodnight all, a xanax, 800 mg motrin and a muscle relaxer will have me good as new in the moring for ....
what else...?

CLASS PICTURES.

2 comments:

Le laquet said...

Oh poor you! *winces* Don't really want to think about how sore that must be, sorry it made a bleugh of your birthday!

Bennu said...

Skye,

I can totally relate to faking happiness when you are dying inside because who you really want to be there is not there. Funny how we all go through the same things, and yet we think it only happens to us.