Saturday, January 14, 2006

Internet Dating

Ok boys and girls, last year when I gave this a shot all the men were named David... I gave them nicknames, and this year...

this year most of them are called Scott. I am giving them nicknames as well.
Yes, there has been some nibbles on my fishing line. Then again I have nibbled on some lines that have been dropped down in front of me.

There is kayakjak, he is looking really interesting. Likes to kayak, likes sports, understands my knee injury, the conversation is interesting and flows and he asked for my phone number. We have exchanged several photos, and he knows all aobut my kayak and what I need for it, and we have discussed an adventure out on the water. Those of you who know me well... well, let's just say that you know that is very appealing to me.

There is Mr. Bean (not a cut, just happens he is an accountant), who has sent several emails, but the jury is still out. Hasn't said much, except status, kids, work, and location. Which are all things I don't usually ask right away. I like to enjoy my dinner conversation without having the routine rundown of status. Not that it is a bad thing, I don't mind him sharing, but I don't ask it. I don't define a man by his vocation.

There is the Phoenix, yeah, another form of the Bennu, so that could be interesting. Chatted with him online before he took off for a weekend in Big Bend... have tentative plans to meet next Wednesday. A date for sure, and Wednesday is probably the best day, he is going to call when he gets back.

Then there is Mr. Enigma, whose profile shows him to be in SA, but when he writes back, my info shows him to be in the UK/Ireland. He asks short, one line questions, and one at a time... it is somewhat interesting and intriguing but is an enigma just the same...

What can I say, it is feast or famine and when you first go into online dating it goes well for a bit, then dies off... or so it has with me in the past.

So if Trapped reads this, as another one in the boat of online dating, let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean your info shows him to be in the UK?

This could be useful to know as you never know who is who on the internet. However, some people use aol like me and it's routed through a server other than where I am from - so it's not deliberate but automatic. And then other people have special programs like ghost surf or something like that to hide their origin.

Internet dating has been a bust for me. Most of the time its TMI!!! and at other times, the guy is in such a rush to meet even when he lives in Australia (I'm in the US) or he says ""It just feels so right" and I'm thinking, "huh? Dude, I just started talking to you on the internet." So I start thinking either he's feeding me a line to get sex or he's that delusional which triggers warning alarms!!!

Good luck to you.

Bennu said...

It isn't AOL and it isn't something I am doing to trace cookies. I just know it is due to something on Mr. Enigma's end. I asked him if he was there, he asked why I thought it, I told him... response pending. His ad said he travels often. Plus he is not online long when he does write, that is another reason, since I know nothing about the internet abroad, but I do hear from Jo while in France for Christmas, that if broadband isn't available, it takes forever to do anything online.

skye, yeah kayakjak is looking good, but it may be we have just exchanged more thoughts, and a little of our interests. When a conversation flows well it is always a PLUS.

Le laquet said...

Wow! I only ever managed to keep one man online straight in my head/favourites etc ....

Kayakjak sounds interesting I like outdoorsy men.
Mr Bean? As in similar to Rowam Atkinson's character? Ooof! Should you? Could you?
Phoenix ~ a date, fab! We want to know all (well you know what I mean) about it!
Mr Enigma ~ SA? South Africa? A little bit of a challenge surely?

Have a good weekend