Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dusting Myself Off and Getting Back in the Game

Trapped suggested that I not let the thing with KJ bother me and to move on. Good advice... so I did. Went fishing on the personals site, found an interesting looking/sounding guy, wrote a short note. Heard back from him right away with a phone number... hmmmm I am getting hungry, think I will call and see if he asks me to lunch... he did, we went where I was wanting to go, I ate what I wanted to eat. Things were going along fine til he informed me that he didn't agree with my choice in knee surgeons. Said, in this really condescending tone, "why did you pick him? that isn't his specialty... why didn't you research who should do it?" etc. Then that happened about several other things... and I just kept thinking... Lunch will be over soon, eat faster.

I will give him this, he had table manners, most of the men I meet have forgotten how to eat at the table with other people or they just don't care that they look like a hyena eating a lioness and throw food all over.

Oh, and then I came home, did some more fishing, found another one that looked like Burt Reynolds in his early days (hey, he was very handsome, and quite the catch) and sent him an instant message. WE talked a bit, but he wanted nude photos and couldn't wait to show me his....

UH NO! I don't have any nude photos... good God people I am a teacher, I can't afford to have incriminating stuff on the internet or anywhere else... I mean... I am pushing the envelope letting parents give me gifts of Rum, rum balls, bottles of coffee liquer... I can't help it if they truly understand what it is like to spend your entire day with 5 year olds...

Today, well today, I think I will just hang out and not go fishing... wait for a day when the good ones are biting, or I am up for another strange adventure...

Being alone, it isn't bad, it just takes major adjustment... I am adjusting...

No comments: