Thursday, February 02, 2006

More Strangeness

Last Sunday I went to brunch with another online date. The Hedonist... now don't get the wrong idea just yet. The offer has been made on his part, and as much as I would like to, I have not taken him up on it as yet.

Why? Why? Why?

He has a lifestyle that is difficult for me to pinpoint how it works. It is in the realm of Adult Entertainment, and it has been very good to him monetarily. There have obviously been hundreds of women, that were from Sporting participants to wives. It is a big pill to swallow and I am not sure I care to.

Men wonder why we don't just have sex if we want to, when they make the move. I wonder the same thing. For me, I tie emotions to it, even when I think I can do it for sport, and I know it isn't good for my well-being. I end up with my feelings hurt and am offended by the "don't take it personally" comment that has been made to me.

There are a few other prospects, but as Trapped In Colorado says, Dating in February sucks...

I will see the Hedonist again, as he has said we can still hang out, but let him know if I change my mind. I will never change my mind about being involved in a Swingers situation... it doesn't appeal to me at all...

Rolling around for two days straight, in a king size bed and eating and drinking and taking each other in.. .that appeals to me, but with other people around...no, don't want to trade off etx...

I know it is a bit spotty, I can't really tell the whole tale, but what I have said is enough...

I have had an epiphany.... I meet men thinking they are the "one" for me, based on preliminary prospects, and then I get to know them. I may like them when I get to know them, but they are never what I had in my head.

What happened to meeting men accidentally by association or at a usual stop in your daily life and they aren't even considered someone you would be interested in, and then you get to know them and they show themselves to you and you know they are the "one" ? I miss that concept.... but in the age of instant gratification....

oh well....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

monetarily

Bennu said...

I stand corrected... where is that spell checker?

Thank you very much, I will now edit the post...