Thursday, February 16, 2006

I HATE Being Sick

Here we are, going on a week, and I still feel like shit. I haven't taken a single day off and now I am wishing I had. HAD? yes had... tomorrow is early release, an early day... no need to take an easy one off...

I did let another teacher do my STARS class today. An after school class of enrichment activities for 2nd and 3rd graders. Good Lord, I tried to have them do a KWL chart last week and they didn't have a clue... I know you are saying the same thing. It is a thinking map. A piece of paper folded into 3 columns. In the first one (K) you write what you know about the subject matter, the second, (W) what you want to know and after the unit of study you write in the third one (L) what you learned.
Our district is big on thinking maps, mapping out your thoughts to enhance learning... and this is a tried and true and the 18 brightest of the two grade levels have never seen them before.... disgusting.
So, to have two extra hours this afternoon (40 bucks less) is a mixed blessing, I came home and napped a bit on the sofa. Watched the Eagles live on TV (Tivo is my best friend) and am now about to re plan my entire classroom setup and schedule to start fresh next week.

I get little bursts of energy and then it is gone with the wind and I just want to nap, so there is no telling how long this one will last. I have already cried today because I am so tired of being sick and not having the energy to walk or hike or leave the house to go to the bank.

I need a chocolate shake from Cheesy Janes... that would make me feel better...lol (yes RJ, I hope you are reading this) .

No comments: