Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh the Power...

Today, while out in the hall with a few students, taking down our bulletin board items and putting up our Valentine Hearts they decorated with their families, one of my lovely little ladies said "Oh that is "Suzy's", oh wait, no it's not, What Planet am I on? " .... I tried not to laugh out loud... since that is the saying I use the most with them when they aren't where or doing where/what they should.

Then a parent came by. She was concerned about her son getting sick over a week ago. He came to school not feeling his best. Mom had said that if he got worse, call her and she would come get him. He acted normal all morning, never said a word. While at lunch he was spotted by Miss Suzy. She saw that he wasn't eating (not like him) and she felt of him and he was warm. She sent him to the nurse. Mom came, got him, took him home. She asked him later why he didn't tell his teacher he was not feeling good.

"She said to only ask to go to the nurse if you have a broken bone or if you are bleeding to death... mom, what does bleeding to death mean?"

OMG

How do they remember all that? yes, I said that, because if I didn't I would be sending them for every little pinkish mark on them, when they say they are "bleeding". However, I do try to notice if they are not acting like themselves....

Power, I have such power... now to decide if I will use it for GOOD or EVIL..... hmmmmmm

No wonder I like teaching Kindergarten.

No comments: