Thursday, February 02, 2006

Diet Coke... Addiction or is it all in my Head?

While at the dentist with my tooth emergency, I learned something I knew I was going to hear sometime, but was ignoring.

She said the worst thing I could be drinking was soda.

I love Diet Coke, it was, yes was, my only vice (or at least the only major one).

I have been trying my best to not drink them... of course Starbucks is making good money off of me each morning. I am scared of what my day will be like without my caffeine fix.

Honestly I thought I would truly be in withdrawals, acting like a bitch (moreso than usual) and unbearable (moreso than usual)... but actually

I have been great without them, and feel better throughout the day...

Of course, now I have to find a way to not have a Venti Chai Tea Latte with whipped cream every morning too.. but figured it was a good first step in my step down off carbonated sodas.

Or I should buy a Starbucks Franchise and become the Queen Barrista (not sure how to spell that one, but you get the idea).

Anyway, I can now really sit down and drink one diet coke (a week) and enjoy it like it is the most decadent dessert....

Now if I can find a replacement for oatmeal for lunch and soup for dinner... I miss the munching of chewing a good meal, eating a Cheesy Jane Burger or a Der Dog.

Man, I wish they would just pull all my teeth and give me false ones... Then I guess I would still have trouble with burgers... oh well, put it in a blender... or go on a full time liquid diet... at this point that is a good idea.

I have to go to bed now... I am rambling...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I also was addicted to Diet Coke and fortunately nothing else. I hope to read some of your posts as I am on the exact opposite side of the fence wondering if there will be a Love of my life, and that "We" will be a Couple truly, truly In Love. On my birthday 30 some years ago in my freshman year, the first girl I ever gave myself to [not that we had any idea of what we were doing] said she was pregnant and "I" have Ruined her entire life [as well as her parents]. Never again was I to hear that I might be a father [did the things that might have brought it about: partying, figured I should get married, back to single groups ..] That was my worst B-day. Thankfully I have slowly learned, Time & God's Grace can heal a person.

Le laquet said...

I have a friend who has been suffering from the same problem ~ she cannot touch Diet Coke anymore ... wont go down the aisle at the supermarket!

I am trying to drink carbonated mineral water instead ... I did say trying right? I'm not succeeding yet!

You have a good weekend Bennu!

Bennu said...

Anon: Yeah, funny thing, I don't know how old Paul was when his first love told him she was pregnant and he paid for an abortion, only to find out later the fetus wasn't his...

Man, we really know how to cut each other to the quick, don't we? Sorry to hear about your birthday and glad to hear there are others who believe in waiting for "the" one.

Jo,

I think it is the carbonation that isn't good, the fact it can clean grease up off the garage floor means it isn't good on my enamel or cracks in my teeth... but the caffeine, the caffeine I need.

Good luck with your mineral water... bleck...