Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tickled Pink

Mr. Duvall, (names have been changed to protect the innocent) called last week, after he had been drinking. He feigned interest in how I was, but I know he was checking to see if I had a boyfriend. He was checking because if I didn't, he was going to offer his services soon and I knew it, even though he didn't say a word about it.

I met him on my birthday over a year ago. We met at a bar, we had a great time dancing and things escalated. He doesn't live close, he lives much further south of me. We got together for an afternoon picnic etc. quite often last year, but I haven't seen him in several months. His brothers have been ill, very ill, and it is making his mortality stare him in the face. He has been, to say the least, very bitchy the last few times (before last week) we have talked, and I knew it was the stress from the brothers being sick and no one helping him take care of them.

Yesterday, while at breakfast at Panchitos with RJ, (different Saturday than Mr. Ice Cream) he called and offered to put a smile on my face today. I am off for an afternoon of relaxation and revitalization. I will talk to you all late tonight or tomorrow. I am headed for a day of blissful, carefree, escape from life as I know it.

Muse will tell you, it will be the best thing for me, my "bitchiness" level is near the overflow with no overflow reservoir. (aka, I am about to blow a gasket)

No comments: