Monday, March 06, 2006

The Bitches From Hell

Have you seen that commercial about the guy in the office with all the monkeys? He says he works with monkeys, and he calls the woman who says "That's ok, I work with jackasses"....

I work with the bitches from hell, formerly known as the bitches across the hall.

It is a long story, but basically from the beginning of the year it has been hell on wheels. They are back stabbing, passive aggressive, intimidated (0r so I am told) by me so they act rude and uppity. I am sick of it.

The shit hit the fan last week as far as planning for our week, writing lesson plans, etc. and it was decided by all (them mostly) that we would sit and plan as a team after school one day a week and to get ahead we would do one week today and the next week tomorrow, so that the next time we meet, we will be working ahead.

First, one of them mentions to me that we should just plan tomorrow since one of the bitches has to leave for night class, and another can't stay past 4:30. (and why didn't they mention this when it was decided to meet today, in front of an administrator)

Well, I said, we all decided to meet today, so we should, even if we can't all stay. The one that has night class should have mentioned it when we were planning it.

Needless to say, they all stayed, we met, and it was shit.

The language arts pair did nothing but the skeleton, the letter, the book, the concept. No walking through of a day by day. Which is not a huge deal but some things would be helpful, like writing prompts done, reader response ideas, and ways to teach the key concept that are "fun" for the kids.

I was doing all the centers, so the concepts of the week had to be well versed in my head to come up with centers. I knew more about the math lessons and LA lessons than the bitches trying to BS their way through it, having done no planning ahead of time.

I presented great centers, had examples for them to make and take... AND, that was 12 centers.

Then it is announced that one of them won't be at school tomorrow, the main one for Language Arts... and that's fine, the other one can do as good a job as she did.

Then it comes back to me, one of them isn't going to be there tomorrow and they were trying to get me to change the planning of both weeks to tomorrow... Beeches

Holy Mary Magdalene Shit, what Bitches... I emailed them this afternoon and told them that it would be helpful for them to come with examples and to provide extensions for Reading Response, pages for math, more detail for journal writing and to give an overview. Of course I added that if they needed anything different or more in centers, to let me know and I would do what I could to find it.

I have had some places I worked that were difficult, but none like this. I love teaching Kindergarten, but I detest the women I work with on the same grade level. The team leader, who teaches PreK is a great person, she and I are great friends, and she is old enough to be my mother. We have a great time releasing tension by bitching about the bitches.

I know it isn't going to get better, and that I have to do it all on my own and I will, but I can't stand the idea that I have been that ostracized, or discriminated against by them.

It boils down to their laziness and unwillingness to do their best and my work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with my kids to have them ready or beyond ready to go to first grade.

I am there for the kids, not the bitches, so if they don't like it, they can leave, I am staying in kindergarten, I love it there.

2 comments:

Walker said...

I loved kindergarden to but they kicked me out years ago.

Sounds like a mess.
I guess in the end its like you said. Its about the kids and I'm sure you find away around it for them.

Lisa said...

Sounds to me like they're doing all that bitching due to their own insecurities...it's no wonder they feel you intimidate them, they're allowing that to happen because they're too damn lazy to do their own jobs properly.

I think they know how slack they're being, and what they see is you showing them up (because you're doing a great job)...they should shut their mouths and raise their game a bit, instead of grousing about someone who, by all accounts, has been picking up the leftovers cos of their slack arses.

Course, that's just my opinion, but I'd much rather have someone like you committed in all aspects to educating my children in a fun way, than those that are only there because it's a job.

Sorry for the rant, I'm done now lol