Sunday, March 26, 2006

Major Decision Made

Vital Info to know before reading this post: I do not have a land line phone, and I don't live in the best part of town. AT night I like to think that if I needed help I could call for it.

Tuesday

Cell phone dead
Won't plug into charger to charge
take lunch hour from Staff Development session to cell phone provider store

I have never been so pissed... ok, I have, but this time I was fairly, not too calm but not too raving lunatic either.

It was my understanding there was insurance on it (since the last one was stolen, I added the ins.) but they say no ins.

Ok.... options?

We can order you a new phone for 55 bucks, will be here Monday

Ummmm it is Tuesday, it will take a week?

yes

other options?

you can sign a two year contract and get 75 off a new phone

I don't want to have service with you that long...another option?

buy a new phone

ummm can I phone a friend?

yes, use any of those phones on the display, they all work

So... I walk over and call my mom, who says What do you want me to do? and knows I can't afford a new phone, so I say nothing, and then call RJ, simply because I think he knows about temporary or pay as you go phones and I can find out how much one is. He is not much help, although he gave it his all, it wasn't what I wanted to hear right then. (He will say that I chose one of his options, which, I did, in a way, but after I had more info from the dickhead at the counter)

Then I called ATS and left a message that I was having a hard day, this is where I am, I will be done at 4 and could we go have a drink? if so, pick me up if you can, and if not, then leave me a message, but I am not sure I will get it (dead phone remember)

I leave the phone store with the bad phone, which is worthless after giving them 55 dollars for a new phone that will be here in a week. Thinking that I will find a universal car charger and try to keep the phone working until then...

I return to my workshop, without lunch and late (and as a teacher, you need to understand that an hour and a half lunch for you isn't a big deal, but I usually only get 30 minutes, so this was suppose to be a treat)

The workshop ends, I am standing talking with a colleague and out of the corner of my eye, I see ATS standing by the door, patiently waiting.

I went over, hugged him and thanked him for coming. We left, went to La Tuna and had drinks and drinks and drinks and finally ate some dinner at La Fogata (I had never been) and it was good. Somehow he knew what I needed and was there for me. I had already taken care of the situation, but he offered to help if he could.

That was when I decided I was going to give this one a go, and quit being scared of a man who was truly interested in me for me. I won't say I am not still scared, but I can't continue that warped vision of men and having inappropriate relations with them.

I made that decision and so far, I feel it was a good decision... future posts will tell the tale.

1 comment:

Le laquet said...

Well booey to the phone company ... 6 blinking days to deliver a new phone ~ pshaw*! But well done you on your "leap of faith" it's not easy and you'll be scared for a while but for now ... go out there, enjoy and have fun!! Bravo!! :o)

* as my grandad would have said!