Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Just a bit Giddy

Went to spend some time with Muse before she is off on her California Adventure today. We were putting together a geocache for the muse to place. If you are curious look up www.geocaching.com and you can be edumacated about it (an AlexTrex word, I miss Alex)... anyway, back to the story.

After one or two TOO many Bacardi Limon and diet cokes, she decided I need to meet her newly single neighbor across the street. What? I gasp, here I am in holey pants, hair un done, very un done, and no make up and three sheets to the wind... and you want me to meet him? no, let's finish our task...

Then she continues, after we finish the task, let's go over and talk to him, so finally I give in. Ok, not like it matters, he isn't going to be interested, so let's.

He is a nice man with beautiful blue eyes, and I did kinda, in a drunken stupor, like him.... hmmmm maybe I should meet him when I am sober and looking better than the cat the dog dragged in.

He called this morning to ask me out for a day in Fredericksburg (yes, Walker it is close, and it is a cool german town tourist trap, so there is stuff to do there).

Now the positive side of me says, this is great. He called first thing the next day (and you all know how I feel about that) and he didn't care how I looked yesterday, he saw beyond it (we hope he doesn't think I am a lush and is going to get me plastered and well, we won't think about that).

The other, not so positive side of me says... a whole day, held captive in a car with a man I am not sure I like... hmmmm I just don't know...

It will be fine, and who knows, maybe it is true, you should meet people the old fashioned way, by chance or circumstance, not push it by online dating... just my preference... oh and did I say he teaches Scuba in exotic places all over the world and can retire from teaching (elem. PE) in two years? I like that part too.

Oh and I know it doesn't have anything to do with this post, but right after I posted about MR. Ice Cream, I got a message from him on Sunday... 8 days later... I am just not sure what to think of that, but I will not have time today, I am off to German town for a pretty day out with a nice man.

Have a great day all.

3 comments:

Walker said...

I think you looking at it the wrong way.
I see it like this.
You say you looked at you're worse when you met him.
If he liked the way you look at your worse then you got it made. :)

Bennu said...

Yes, Walker, You are right. I do have it made. We had a great day, such a great day that it is now scary.... too good to be true comes to mind. We will see, I am cautiously optimistic, rather than pessimistically scared shitless.

Nuella said...

Bennu! I missed you, It's been so freaking long! Gahhh, how are you?!

It's Roxxy, remember moi?