Monday, August 21, 2006

My Big Day

Well, it all started
yesterday

The muse came over
and sat by the pool with me

after I had carried out the trash
washed my laundry
and grocery shopping

We had the rum flowing
and were laughing so hard at times
I thought I would bust a gut
(yes that is a southern term)

She went to eat dinner with me
at my new favorite Mexican Food place
Cochita de Mexico

and sat in my front yard afterwards
as I set up my new Tiki Torches
(1.99 at Home Depot)

Then when I came in the house
there was a wonderful
voicemail message
from Mr. Beamer

wishing me a great day
today (Monday) as my first full day
with children (22 5 year olds)
and that he
missed me

and even as I write that
I am smiling
I finally have a good voicemail
to play over and over

I slept like a baby
woke up briefly at 4
but went back to sleep

woohoo it is a miracle
but it was a great night of sleep

Then this morning
Mr. Duvall called
to wish a good start
and make tentative plans
for next Sunday

He asked about the weekend too
and if my tan lines were enhanced
*yeah they are...

and the day began
I talked non stop all day
it seemed
I didn't sit down
except to read a book to them

I ate lunch standing up
opening milks
and reminding children to eat

we sang
and played
and wrote out our classroom agreement
and we all

every one of us

got fussy before the day was over

but then it was
and I regrouped

got a voicemail from the muse
reminding me
I was planning on getting
a pedicure and my nails done today

hallelujah
I needed that reminder

I have beautiful purple toenails
and have had bbq for dinner

Now it is bedtime
but I brought some work home to do

I have talked to Mr. Beamer
we have an evening planned for tomorrow
so I must prepare to get
nothing done
except him tomorrow

so I am off

Goodnight

oh and no, I didn't walk my evening walk
I think I overcompensated at work
and tomorrow

well tomorrow, I may overcompensate at home.... lol

It is so nice to have nice men paying good, positive attention, so yes Vickie, things are looking up and I am too.... life is too short not to have fun...

2 comments:

Walker said...

It's about time you were happy :)

Vickie said...

You go girl and show Mr. Beamer
what he has been missing in life
but most important, just have fun,
be happy and enjoy yourself :)

You are in control of your destiney
with Mr. Beamer.