Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fantabuloso Evening

Finally

A decent date
ok
not just a
decent date

A most wonderful one

It started with a walk
I was hoping to have a full walk
but there wasn't time for that

He arrived on the motorcycle
and parked right in my backyard

It was a big thing
for me to share
the location
of my abode

I don't do that easily

After walking
we sat down out front
and he grabbed my foot
and took my shoe off
and sock off

and in my mind I was wondering
well, I won't go there just yet

then I got a most
wonderful foot rub
not just on one foot
but both

Uhhhh my mind was jelly
I expressed that
I wasn't thinking of food
or dinner
and as far as I was concerned
I could sit right there
and enjoy the attention
and the foot rub

But yeah, I gave in
and we rode the cycle
to my favorite burger joint

I know
I know
I said we were going to PF Changs

but I wanted to be able
to go swimming after dinner
and I wanted a ride
on his cycle

which I remember from the past
as being so much fun

so we drove the scenic route
to have a burger
and great conversation

then we returned to have
a wonderful late night swim

I have been sitting by the pool
all summer

but this evening
I saw the pool in a
whole new light

I also saw
a great man standing
in front of me

He was very complimentary
and affectionate

He didn't ask
any of the horrible questions
that the men of late
have asked

He is coming to see me
again next week
and I invited him
to a little get together
called First Friday

and (she grins)
he accepted

He is very intuitive
attentive

and even though
we met over
three years ago
and went out a couple of times
I wasn't ready then
to give him a chance

Now I am

I found myself
just as nervous
about a first kiss
as I always am

and trust is an issue
esp. after Mr. ATS

but I didn't hesitate
I didn't question it
I didn't wonder whether or not
I should pursue it

I just enjoyed it
I enjoyed him
thoroughly

and I am looking forward
to seeing him again

And he has expressed
that he is looking forward to it too...

Oh, and he asked me
to join him
on his sailboat
for Labor Day Weekend

ding ding ding ding ding

and I may just do it....

3 comments:

Vickie said...

You go Girl and don't look back---the past is just that
the past, leave it there and move on. You deserve excitement,
fun, happiness, laughter, oh and we should not forget good
sex and waiting for Mr. Duvall should not be necessary. :)

ljk said...

3 years eh...?

hmmm...that gives me ... :-) a glimmer of hope for myself.

I like this blue background by the way.

Go and have fun!!

And ask your friend if he ahs read Ewan MacGregor's book "Long Way Home" or Long way round" I can't remember the title. They took a trip on BMW bikes from USA.

My verification is fasab

I'm thinking

FANTASTIC and SEXY and BRILLIANT...

LOL!!!

Why the heck not!!

molly said...

Go for it. Met a man on a blind date, went into it with no expectations, had a wonderful time, saw him again, and then again, and still going strong after 21 years of marriage. Be open to the possibilities. You just never know.