Monday, August 14, 2006

A Dangerous Combination

Today was my first day back at work
Officially

I had been asked to help present some content
to the entire staff
I worked with another peer to prepare and present

Our presentation,
1 of 3 of the day
was the best

all day people said

You look so great today
(I was dressed to the Nines)

That was a great Presentation

You have a great tan

Your hair looks great, you should keep it that way

And I had a great day

Then The Muse and I

went to the BIG V

so now I have been

Drinking

Blogging after Drinking

when I should be sleeping

but I can't because
I drank....
(insert gasp here)

Diet Coke and Coconut Rum

So a

Wide Awake Drunken Blogger
I do make...

So here is the skinny of what is

REALLY on my mind

I had a date on Saturday
with the German

ummmm he stood me up

yep, I know, hard to believe
after all those wonderful comments above
I know you are thinking
Wow what an idiot
She is smart
tan,
has great hair
can speak in front of others
and
according to Mr. Duvall

well we wont go there right now

anyway
What stupid fuck up
would not show up for a date

Well boys and girls
It isn't the first time
and it
Probably
won't be the last


but yeah
so I walked across the parking lot
from the restaurant
where we were suppose to meet
Saturday night
and went shopping
at

yeah that's right

shopping

Me, who hates to shop

Went shopping


for? for? you ask?

I know the suspense is killing you

BRAS

I wanted new

sexy

bras

that fit, so Victorias Secret

was there, taunting me

to walk in and

see what I could see


so I did....


ummmmmmm


I might not can afford

shampooo or groceries

but 'xpensive bras

to turn a man's head


uhhhh yeah, I have a charge card


and I wasn't even drinking that day...lol

Then of course,

I felt all better and

went home and ate a Lean Cuisine

*Bleck*

Then Sunday

I went to see Mr. Duvall

and felt

(she grins an evil grin)

mucho gracias better


He is so good to me

We swapped recipes

and advice

and spit

and...well this is my PG blog

so see Bennu2 or Concupicent
to see if I will give any more details

Needless to say
that

Attitude is Adjusted

That's right Vickie

Sorry I can't send a clone your way


And for no more than what that relationship is

which is purely physical

it is the best one I have at the moment

By Best One

I mean MAN

He is honest,

He is thoughtful

He is caring

but unfortunately, I know

and am reminded often

It will never be more

and so the question is...

Is it ok?

Is it enough?

Is it keeping me from other possibilities?

Yeah, it is ok

It is enough, due to the fact, I knew what it was before I started

It may keep me from other possibilities,

simply because

he has become the yardstick
(no pun intended, but it did make me laugh when I wrote it)

that I measure others by


and let's face it

He is old school,

He is strong enough to lead

He has balls to say what is and what isn't

and no one may ever measure up

but then again


I tend to wish for
what is unattainable

or have

Unrealistic Expectations

or expect a white knight



Those Fucking Fairy tales did me absofuckinglutely

NO FAVORS


so in the mean time

Mr. Duvall fills a void
as I do for him as well


but it isn't what or who I would like

but until he shows up

with flowers

a letter professing his feelings

and ready to truly talk to me


Mr. Duvall will have to do....

but I will still always hold out
for the

fairytale

and others may say

they don't believe

but guys,

we all do...

I want my fairy tale

and whether in this life or another

I think it will happen...


Yeah, drinking, being wide awake and blogging is dangerous

But so is dating

And I am so tired of it

but you know what they say

you have to kiss abunch of frogs....
to find that one that melts your toes
with the touch of his lips

3 comments:

Walker said...

Drunken blogging rocks LOL
Throw in a joint and there you go, off to the races.
You cant be that drunk because I dont see the bra pix LOL
Look good feel great.
You had a great day so enjoy that and the rest will come your way.
I hope the head doesnt hurt in the morning

Life is like a Bouquet of Roses.
Amongst the petals are a couple of pricks

Have a nice day

ljk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vickie said...

Darn I just knew you were sending me his clone---guess what
I know your Mr.Duvall because I had my very own until two years
ago when I moved. It was a wonderful relationship, he was married
he loved his wife she had her health problems and just did not
take care of him, I did. I'm married love my husband and things were
not as should be---we met on line lived in the same town. Became very good
friends from time to time things might get a little touchy so one or the other would
say we needed a vacation.
Then we would see each other again we did that for several years. Today he still keeps
in touch with me and is often wanting us to get together but those days are over.

I will say I measured many by him because he was older and damn he knew how to take care of me
in many ways. Very special he was and is.