Sunday, August 27, 2006

I Have Been Outwalked by a Dog...

Yesterday I kept myself busy all day
First the walk
Mr. Beamer went with me
Of course that affected my pace
but that was fine
because I hadn't walked
for a few days

I spent some time at the pool
but it wasn't as good as usual
I couldn't calm down enough
to enjoy it

I took RJ to the movies
we saw Invincible
the story of Vince Papale
It was great
and inspiring

Then he took me across the parking lot
to PF Changs
and we found the only two empty seats
at the bar
The bartender remembered me
even though the last time I sat at the bar
was with RJ, back in March or so...
and he had my poolside ready
umbrella and all
the calamari and lettuce wraps were great
and the company was too
we laughed and caught up
on what was going on in our lives
He is so happy
with his girlfriend (I introduced them)
and I am so happy for him
He is my rock
and he treats me so well as a friend.

Then he brought me home and
the muse and I went out
to a local hotspot
listened to some great Jazz/Blues
and drank way too much

I had no trouble sleeping
and I even slept late

I got up, with my head pounding
put on my shorts and
went for my walk

My walk was kicking my ass
and then I heard a
jingling sound behind me
so I turned around to see
and there was a dog
a beagle
being walked by a man
I continued to walk
keeping my pace
and the man
with the dog ended up
passing me

He said Hello
and asked how I was doing

I just got outwalked by a dog

was all I could say

when I wanted to say
I am hung over
I haven't walked enough this week
and I have something weird
keeping me from being at peace today

but I didn't want to admit those things

he laughed
and then I continued walking

and now I am going to take
some ibuprofen
and drive south to see Mr. Duvall

I need an attitude adjustment

No comments: