Saturday, August 19, 2006

DATE Update

You know ladies
when you were a teenager
and you had a great date
with a new guy
and you went home
and called your girlfriend
and told her all about
how wonderful your date was?

That is how I feel tonight
but I know the Muse
has already gone to bed
so here I am
and you
my dear readers
are my connection
to someone hearing how great my date was

I liked him the minute I saw him
He opened all the doors
did the chair thing
in the restaurant
shared dinner
he got one dinner
that we both thought sounded good
and I got the CFS

We had great drinks
served in mixing tumblers
with strainers
and he poured all my drinks

the conversation was great
he was very personable
and made me laugh

then we went to hear some live music
across the street
from the restaurant

He has made it clear
he wants to see me
again
and I feel the same

He was a perfect gentleman
even when it came to the
good night kiss

and even though he has
a drive, 40 plus minute drive
to his "ranch"
(and no, he isn't a cowboy)
he never even hinted
at staying with me

but let me tell you ladies
if he had, I probably would
have jumped him
in a New York Minute

I have an open invitation
to sunbathe
next to his pool anytime

and now I have a great excuse
to drive North

to see Mr. Firestarter

*yeah he is...
and not only my fire
but he told
a hilarious story
of joining the
volunteer fire dept.
only to start a huge fire on the ranch
within a few days...

we both like
live music
live sports (UT season ticket holder)
and weekend travel

I had a great time
and if it is never anything more
It is ok

I had fun tonight....

*sigh

ok, now that is out of my system,
I am going to bed
I have a big day by the pool tomorrow
have to get my rest

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Glad you had a good time and you have a very good attitude.
Keep it and Good things will happen to you (in bed) :)

Just thought I would give you a fortune for today..lol

Enjoy your time at the pool.