Monday, August 07, 2006

Happy Birthday Cake to Me

or

Where's My Dopamine?

When planning my trip back home to visit
my mother asked

is there anything special you would like me to make?
like Banana Pudding

but my reply was simple

but complex

(well if you know me,
you would understand)

I would like a birthday cake
just like Granny Bea (my dad's Mom)
made me when I was little....
was my reply

Granny Bea always cooked
my favorite meal
and baked me a chocolate cake

the odd thing about this request?

Your birthday isn't for nearly 6 more months
she retorted

I don't want to celebrate my birthday
I just want my cake, because there won't
be anyone around to bake it for me then...
and even though I like a good chocolate cake
I want one like Granny Bea made

which is my all time favorite

so she looked it up,
it is a hot water chocolate cake
from scratch
and she and I both baked it
on Wednesday
and today I ate the last piece


so I have had my birthday cake
and a dopamine fix
but i am sure
I have gained a pound or two
even with the walks
and hiking
and horseback riding

but it was wonderful
and I won't have another one

till.....

Thanksgiving
I want that instead of pumpkin pie

I mean,
if you give up desserts
when you splurge
have what you really want

right?

I would have posted a picture
but it would
just make you want some...

see I was thinking of you...lol

thank goodness tomorrow
I will be out

from under
the food temptation

3 comments:

Monica said...

I started to say happy birthday but I read the post. Cute.

Memphis said...

So it's not your birthday?

Anonymous said...

My wife says I can't have one. She says the only one allowed to get chubby is her. I'm trying my hardest to get her all chubby. I don't think she's spending enough time with me working on this....

What the heck is a hot water chocolate cake. Tell me how to make it so I can show her....

Maybe that will inspire her to more heights of greatness...the greatest being of course when she became the mrs.

oh dadgummit, I pissed her off again...now do you see why this whole baby making thing is so dadgumit hard...

(she says I ain't gettin nuthin if i don't quit talkin like a barnyard animal...took ALL the nieces and nephews to Barnyard Animals...they all want cows for xmas...and not on a plate either... my sisters said, "Don't even THINK about it..." what what?)

AT