Friday, December 02, 2005

Traditions

The Christmas Lights in Johnson City at the local Electric Coop are amazing. An entire city block of trees around their offices that are completely covered in trees. I drive through there every year and some years travel back just to see the lights. This year, we came home from my mom's before dark, so I haven't seen them yet this year. A short trek to view this wondrous wonder will take place in a week or so, as I try to convince Amused Muse and/or RJ to join me. JD and I had plans to go last night, but life happens and it didn't turn out that way, and tomorrow he is on his way back to Afghanistan. So, in the meantime, here are some pictures from years past, even though they don't do them justice, it is magical and romantic....

My traditions are changing, but they are just as memorable. The Johnson City lights, poker games on New Years, dancing on my birthday, days on the beach as often as I can get there, and duck with oyster dressing on Thanksgiving (esp. with orange sauce, my oh my it was good). What traditions do you cherish?


No comments: