Sunday, December 04, 2005

Little Things and Big Things

Those who know me, and know me well, KNOW that I keep a never ending list of "oh I wish I had" items going 24/7 and they are very specific things, not in general, for instance, a few of them are:

A black bullet head trashcan for my new kitchen (not just a trashcan, but a specific one)

A blender, a retro one that looks like it is from the 50's in silver (can't think of that word for metal)

A bread box (retro, of course)

Pink Flamingos for my bathroom ( I can go whole hog now that I don't have to share it with men)

BUT TO TELL THE TRUTH
it is the little things in life mean the most to me.... like

a slice of chocolate icebox pie at Tip Top Cafe

a call from Mr. Duvall, just to see how I am doing and to let me know he has been out deer watching (he isn't angry at them anymore so he doesn't shoot them, even though he has the gun with him).

a cold diet coke being served to me first thing in the morning

a chocolate shake at Cheesy Janes

a drive around to see the Christmas lights, and listening to Holiday Music

a hug from a 5 year old

a baby's smile

a call from one of my sons

a sharp repertoire of words with someone in jest

A Venti Chai Tea with good conversation

a good toast

the sun on my face

breakfast on a campfire as the sun rises

a walk along the beach

frolicking in the ocean

A stiff Parrot Bay and Diet RC with lime in a tall glass with a straw

and many more... so if I can have any of these for Christmas, they are probably more valuable to me than the things on the Big list.

No comments: