Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The VFW Post

Yes, boys and girls, I was hanging out at the VFW last night... lol... well there is always a FIRST and this was certainly it.

Mr. Duvall would have been proud. He goes to one himself every once in a while.

I drank Smirnoff Ice, Raspberry of course, played Patsy Cline on the Juke Box, along with King of the Road and Jack the Knife, played a mean game of darts, made a couple of new friends, and drank so much I stayed at AM's house. It was a lovely evening.

THE KICKER:

RJ's daughter likes fancy soap from Bath and Body works, she was out of it, so I went to get her some more the other day. While I was there I was reminiscing the last gift I had from there, some wonderful vanilla and brown sugar items. I wanted something similar, just to torture myself with memories, I guess, because that is all that scent will do for me, besides make me feel wonderfully delicious.
LSS, I bought some fig and brown sugar... similar, but different enough to say "Change, it can be a good thing".

At the VFW, I used my new lotion on my hands, thinking nothing of it. A young man at least 10 years my junior walked by several times. Then, much later in the evening, he told another guy "Hey, smell her hair". I was mortified at first, then remembered that many men do comment on how good my hair smells, so I obliged. Then I realized he was referring to the scent of the lotion. So I went over and offered my hand.... for a sniff that is, and he said "yeah, that's it, what is that?" and I told him...

I know one thing boys and girls, I will be wearing that lotion anytime I go out for a long time. Perhaps it will help some new memories come along and help me forget the old ones, or at least push them out of my consciousness.

No comments: