Monday, December 26, 2005

The Surprise

Each Christmas, my mom always strives to surprise me at least with one gift I have no idea what might be. She has gotten to where she doesn't even bring it in the house til Christmas morning. (when I was a child I would peek at all my gifts ahead of time, didn't I say I don't like surprises?) Anyway, this year...
drumroll please...... ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd... it was a very nice lounge chair for sunbathing. I was delightfully surprised, and yet perplexed. lol... is this for me to use here or at home? I asked.... wherever she says.

I know the real reason she got it. I was at the beach all summer, and I know I complained about having to get up from a very low beach chair that I was sunbathing on. I have a knee that doesn't want to bend with weight on it, so I have had to learn new ways to get up off and down onto the floor, beach, low chairs, etc.

The Perfect gift to compliment my favorite past time. Thank God for mothers... they always love you and listen to you.

I didn't get much this Christmas, but the love behind the gifts from everyone who gave me something really was shining through and that means more than anything else.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

1 comment:

Walker said...

I guess its not what you get or how much you get but the fact that someone thought of you which is the most important.
Thank you for stopping by and pinning my map.
I will stop by and read a little more of your blog when I get back from New Zealand
Happy New Year